Making Hard Candy Rose Pops

Category Miscellaneous
Hard Candy Rose Pops
This is a guide about making hard candy rose pops. Leftover hard candy can be fashioned into rose petals and leaves. When attached to a wooden skewer it creates a beautiful edible flower.

We always have an abundance of leftover hard candies in our house (usually watermelon and apple, here!) Here's how to recycle those candies into pretty roses you can eat or put on display.

Total Time: 10 to 15 minutes

• bamboo skewers
  • wrapped hard candies (I used Jolly Ranchers)
  • bowl of water
  • gloves
  • scissors

1. Cut the sharp ends off the bamboo skewers.
  2. Do not unwrap candies. Put them in a microwavable bowl and cover with water. Microwave for about a minute to a minute and a half so it's hot and comfortable to the touch, not boiling.
  3. Put on gloves. Take one candy in the colour of your petal and knead while still in the wrapper until it's a bit flattened.
  4. Ad

5. Unwrap the candy and roll it around the end of the skewer to look like the middle of a rose.
  6. Continue this process, adding petals around the previous petal, making the next petal bigger than the last. You can use a tall cup or jar to stand it up in while you mold the petals. If they start hardening up, you can re-submerge them into the warm water.
  7. Ad

8. Now mold green candies into leaves and add below the rose. Squeeze against skewer and rose.
  9. Ad

10. Put aside and make more, if you'd like a bouquet. Try some different petal shapes.
  11. Ad

12. Put them on display as art or eat! Yum!

Absolutely fantastic....this I can't wait to try!! Ive already decided on what to try molding after I mold the roses. Thank you very much. I'm hosting a BBQ this Saturday. I think I'm gonna make these and sit back and let the compliments roll in......

You're welcome! I hope you have fun making them! :)

So artistic! This is really lovely. I have seen radish roses but never this

Wow!!! This is super creative! Thumbs up!