How to make a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat?

I am wondering if anybody knows how to make a jigsaw puzzle mat? It is a mat that you can put your puzzle together on and you can roll it up and store it and then get it back out and work on it some more anytime you want. I would really like to have one of these but from what I have seen of them it looks like just a piece of felt that you roll up. Some of the ones that I have seen have a vinyl backing on them. They are anywhere from 8.00 to 50.00 (and up) and I just don't want to have to pay that much for something that I can make for cheaper, if you know what I mean. Please give any feedback or ideas! Thank you!

Ericka, North Carolina

How to make a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat?

Here's a link to a site. I haven't tried it yet, but I thought it would be a good gift for my mom this Christmas. Good luck (06/25/2004)

By Laura

How to make a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat?

Just go to the craft store and look in the discount fabric section for some cheap vinyl. Get a yard of it and you have a mat for a puzzle that can be easily rolled up and save the puzzle. (01/03/2005)

By JCR7676

How to make a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat?

Have you tried a piece of flannel backed plastic table cloth? (07/04/2006)

By Dorothy

A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
Purple Yoga Mat
Cleaning a Yoga Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board