Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

I also have many boxes full of gorgeous fabric and upholstery samples. Any ideas what to do with these other than the obvious, like quilts, pillows, and sachets?

Freebyrdz from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

How about purses? You can make simple ones and if you don't have enough fabric, you can do some piecing by coordinating your fabrics. Maybe add some trim too. (01/27/2008)

By Elaine

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Photo mats, on back of shelves, cover switch plates or outlets, paper doll dresses, book covers, there's a few. (01/27/2008)

By Teresa

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Use your fabric to make shopping bags, to keep in your car for groceries. (01/27/2008)

By Dolly

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Make small bag type purses-makeup bags, evening bags, etc. Sew pieces together to make crazy quilt fabric and use that for bigger bags. (01/27/2008)

By Lois

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

How about contacting the local high school home economics classes? I'd think the teacher and students would have lots of ideas for all that fabric. (01/27/2008)

By Jantoo

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Make cloth books for children. Glue pictures from Christmas cards, birthday cards, magazines, etc, to a "page" of fabric and pink the edges. Sew a topstitched seam down the center of the book or punch a couple of holes and run some yarn through the holes. (01/27/2008)

By Thrifty Me

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Look on Flickr for ideas or even peruse Etsy, they will have loads of ideas. (01/27/2008)

By melody_yesterday

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

If the pieces are big enough you can use some to make a padded top for a footstool, cover plain waste basket, glue to old suitcase, empty oatmeal boxes, coffee cans or hat boxes to make storage/decorator pieces. Use for backgrounds in frames for pictures, jewelery or floral displays. Doll house carpets, rugs, drapes, etc. Good luck. (01/27/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

I saw an idea on HGTV last night. They made a square frame and covered it with fabric and used as a wall hanging on a bare wall. (01/28/2008)

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

Here are my ideas:
Try making:

• eyeglass cases
  • sun-visors covers with pockets for sunglasses and regular glasses, make sure that they go in the side not the top or bottom as they will only fall out
  • valance trim for the top curtain to cover flaws
  • arm chair covers
  • tote bags
  • santitary napkin purse
  • cover an old wooden box and make it into a lovely treasure chest for a bride to be and fill it with some goodies
  • draft pillows - protect from drafts under doors
  • travel pillows
  • curtain tie backs

Enjoy them.
(01/31/2008)

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

I was given a large number of fabric samples from a furniture store that had paper around the edges on the back. I sewed them together in a crazy quilt style and made a curtain for a super long window (10 feet long). I've also made "one of a kind" stockings for family as gifts and I've used some as wrapping paper for small gifts. My next idea is to make a crazy quilt rug. (07/15/2008)

By jenntaker

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

I too have loads of gorgeous fabric books I rescued from the garbage. I thought about using some for making napkins as Christmas gifts, an easy "green" idea. Have fun. (10/17/2008)

By Mary

Ideas to Using Fabric Samples

My aunt makes pillows out of them and she has a friend who makes hats out of them. They are reversible bowl style winter hats that she makes. I have a ton of them and I am going to make large beach bags for all of my friends.
(02/23/2009)

By Beth

Crafts Using Fabric SamplesFabric Sample Quilt
Crafts Using Fabric Samples
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Sample Sized Beauty Items
Using Beauty Samples
Woman Looking at Free Fabric Samples
Looking for Free Fabric Samples
Perfume Sample Bottles
Using Perfume Samples
🎉
🎄