Identifying Tiny Almost Microscopic Orange Bugs

I was taking kids that I work with out on the playground in the morning before it got too hot out and I looked down at my white shirt and all over it were these tiny almost microscopic bugs that seemed worm like. They were most definitely orange in color and it freaks me out; what are they?

By K.M.

There are red bugs called Clover mites. They are of the arachnid family. They will die eventually after coming in the house of dehydration. They do not bite but they come in the by the thousands. I would vacuum them and spray them with alcohol/water and see how well that works. I am wondering if this is the bug you are talking about.

I googled robyns' suggestion. Here is the link and the photo. Close? Hope that helped, and thanks robyn. ... aqi=g10&aql=&oq=clover+mites

They hurt, huh?! Growing up in OK, I've always heard them referred to as "noseeum's", but after quite a bit of research, I believe they are a actually a type of "Thrip" rather than ceratopogonidae.

Tiny Orange Bug
Getting Rid of Tiny Orange Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJune 8, 2011
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car