Identifying Tiny Black Bugs in My Carpet

How can I identify these tiny bugs that are almost invisible, although they are black? We have almost white carpeting in most of the rooms and you have to look very closely to see them. When you are just ready to pick them up, they begin to move. I now use the method of getting them on paper and then placing them in an tight used medicine bottle. Some live for weeks some so tiny the look like this: ( . ) others looks like tiny beetles. You don't notice they have wings until they are turned upside down. I cannot see legs, nor antenna, just this ( . ).

They have been found mostly by our PC tower, others in the master bedroom. I am going zonkers trying to find out if I need an exterminator and are they dangerous to our health. Anyone, someone, please help or refer me to an authority on bugs. The exterminators will not come out unless you identify them, dud, I can't. Thank you and please help.

By CR

Best Answer

Sounds like you have either a flea infestation (Note fleas are very small but do not fly they jump) or the start of a termite infestation. Best thing to do either way is bomb fog your whole house. Good luck.

Best Answer

I think your problem is even simpler than you think. First if you have an extension agent for your area he will usually come out or you can take him a sample of the bugs and if he doesn't know he will send them to the state university, free, and they will identify them.

But, I think you have a mold problem and these bugs only eat mold, hard to see but with a bright light you probably can see the tiny things on the wall and when the light gets near them they will move. I had to use bleach just a little in a spray bottle will do and they are gone, if you do have mold then you have moisture and that is your big problem. You will have booklice or mold bugs as long as moisture creates mold. I thought I was crazy when I found them on my brand new house with white walls, almost like black spots but they moved if you stared long enough. Smile, this did go away with a little staying with the spray. And a dehumidifier on the ac because our house was too airtight.

When we had fleas, I got our spray from a vet clinic, best $30 ever spent killed em right away. It was called "Knockout". I'm sure even 2 cans would be cheaper than an exterminator.

they are springtail fleas and they bite!! they hide in window sills and crawl on beds even couches!

NO THEY ARE NOT! SPINGTAILS DONT BITE!,PLEASE REFRAIN FROM SPOUTING OFF ABOUT SOME THING UNLESS YOU FULLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! THESE MITES OR BUGS ARE VERY AGGRESSIVE AND THEY DO BITE! THEY DONT ALWAYS LEAVE A MARK, BUT YOU KNOW THEY ARE OR WERE THERE! THEIR BITE FILLS LIKE SOME ONE QUICKLY POKING YOU WITH THE VERY VERY TIP OF A NEEDLE, BUT NOT TO THE POINT OF DRAWING BLOOD.

THESE INSECTS CAN WELL AND TRUTHFULLY DRIVE SOMEONE TO THE VERY BRINK OF SANITY!, ESPECIALLY IF THE INDIVIDUAL IS CONSTANTLY BEING TOLD THAT IT'S ALL IN THEIR HEAD OR THEY'RE FEELINGS ARE NOT BEING VALIDATED,

May 11, 2015 Flag

I spent some considerable amount of money until I realized that I had to identify the bugs myself. I have not found an exterminator with identification capability. Why should they, because they came keep coming back and back and charge and charge.

Buy a USB digital microscope. The better ones are $100, the others are anywhere from $30 to $60.00 Once you can get an image, send it to your local university, who will identify the picture you send them. Then you have to research how to kill them.

A bunch of ants on a white background.
Identifying Small Black Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJune 14, 2011
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🎄