Identifying a Houseplant

I have had this plant for years. Its beautiful, but I am not sure what it is. It does not bloom.

I'm pretty sure it is some kind of an ivy. They like bright light and like to be on the dry side.

i think your plant may be in the philodendron family but just not sure. A friend sent me a note saying it resembles the large/giant outdoor philodendrons that grow all over south Florida but i think the jury is still out on this one.

I will say - this is a really beautiful plant so don't change anything that you have been doing!!

It's a nephthytis, often called arrowhead, Latin syngonium podophyllum.

Well, I thought someone might have found the true identity but I don't think it is a nephthytis as the leaves are not shaped the same and I believe the nephthytis grows similar to a caladium and from what I read they are many times sold under incorrect names because they are so similar.

Still looking for exact plant so I hope someone else will take a look and name it.

I agree with Cybernannie it is a philodendron and I am quite sure it is Philodendron hederaceum = Philodendron oxycardium, = Philodendron scandens = Philodendron cordatum, 4 different names for the same plant. It is a climbing philodendron and if given a foam or moss support to climb on it would thrive. You can find on the net many helpful sites to learn how to make your own moss or foam supports from cardboard tubes. Hope this helps !