What Is This Plant? (Kalanchoe)

Category House Plants
The kalanchoe is a thick leafed succulent that is native to Madagascar and tropical Africa. Typically these flowering plants are grown as houseplants, but if you live in an environment similar to their native homeland they can be grown outside. This is a page about, "What is this plant?". (kalanchoe)

I got this plant as a present, but I have no idea which one it is. So, I am not sure how to properly take care of it. I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

I know this must look like a begonia but it is a kalanchoe. I have had two master gardeners verify this plant and the official name for it is; Kalanchoe blossfeldiana - double form and the common name is Flaming Katy. (there is more than one Kalanchoe Flaming Katy).

Here are a couple of links with photos. Wait a few seconds for the single photo to appear.

www.google.com/search?q=flaming+katy+kalanchoe&source...:

What is this plant? A friend gave it to me and she doesn't know what its name is. Is it a house plant or outdoor or just a potted plant?

Answers

Best Answer

Pretty young specimen but I believe it is in the Kalanchoe family of plants and may be Kalanchoe millotii.

• These are very easy plants to grow and easy tp propagate so you can have several new plants in no time.
  • These plants do not need a lot of light, just a little fertilizer once in a while and can go through dry spells but should be watered at least once per month but must have good drainage.
  • Here is a site for care instructions.
  • tipsplants.com/.../kalanchoe
  • www.todayshomeowner.com/.../

Kalanchoe is an extremely popular houseplant and is utterly dangerous for pets including cats.

Best Answer

This is a kalanchoe plant :) Here are some care tips

• Kalanchoe plants need plenty of sun to survive. Place it in a south-facing window during the winter and in an east or west window for bright indirect sunlight in the summer. But be careful, too much sun is not good.
  • Advertisement

• It is a succulent so keep it in temps above 50F.
  • It only needs water weekly, but when you do water it, water the plant deeply.
  • When it starts to bloom, keep dead stalks cut.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsMarch 16, 2018
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-This-Plant-Kalanchoe.html