Installing A Microwave Oven Over the Range

I want to install an "over the range microwave". I have an outlet in the cabinet to plug it into. I had a range hood that was wired to wires coming from the wall. My question is, what do I do with those wires, now that I don't need them?

By Cutluv from Easton, PA

Answers:

Those wires should be disconnected. So find out if is a dedicated line from the circuit breaker or from a junction box. Then disconnect them. (06/13/2009)

By foxrun41

If the wires are coming directly out of the wall (residential sheathed cable with a black, white and a ground) you will have to do more than just capping them off. Install an electrical box like the ones for a wall switch or receptacle. (See this video www.expertvillage.com). They have plastic boxes that can be installed after market. Place the front of the box on the wall where there are no studs and mark around the edges. Cut out the wall staying within the lines (use only the closest lines to the box opening so the hole will be small enough for the mounting taps to grasp the inside wall. Pull the wires into the box and install the box. Now, you can terminate or cap the wires using wire nuts. Put a cover over the box and you are done. (06/13/2009)

By ermaher1984

I would just install a regular outlet. They are cheap and you never have too many of those.

Have FUN! DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor (06/13/2009)

By DearWebby

Installing a Microwave Oven Over the Range
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 4:34:19 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 922 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.