Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

How much peanut butter can I feed my Chihuahua on a regular basis?

By Pilla from MO

Answers:

Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

A lot of humans have allergies, some deadly to peanuts and peanut products, but I have yet to learn of a dog that is allergic to such. (Please don't take my word for this and do your own research with web sites, vets, and vet hospitals.) That said, my dogs love peanut butter! And choosy (skin) mom's choose Jif peanut butter for their (fur) babies! (I prefer the name brands as, in recent years, they seem to avoid recall issues that the slightly less expensive brands have faced, but that's just my personal experience.)

My dogs are English Mastiffs: their heads, alone, are at least twice as big as your Chihuahua so I'm overly hesitant to suggest amounts. None-the-less, assuming there are no allergy issues, I can't imagine a teaspoon or so of such a day would harm your pup. Again, do talk to your vet about this before you proceed. One of our dogs needs daily medication and a pill coated with peanut butter goes down smoothly!

Seriously, dogs that can tolerate peanut butter truly love the stuff! But just like humans, too much of a good food can cause unwanted weight gain for dogs, so proceed with caution. Good luck! (12/11/2010)

By KansasCindy

Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

I would not feed any pets peanut butter, but for a professional opinion I would contact a vet. (12/11/2010)

By foxrun41

Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

We have used it for years both as a treat and as a way to get our dogs to take their pills! Peanut butter on 2 graham crackers with the pill in between, one happy dog! And our cat loved to lick the peanut butter from around the edges, she still does. (12/13/2010)

By Lisbet

Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

Always everything in moderation! As was mentioned already maybe one small teaspoon a day, but I would make sure it's sugar free peanut butter because animals can get diabetes just like humans and actually are more prone to it. (12/13/2010)

By Deeli

Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?

I have a really easy peanut butter dog teat recipe. If you would like it contact me. (12/18/2010)

By leekelly

Golden Retriever licking peanut butter off of a spoon
Is Peanut Butter Okay for Dogs?
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Recipes
🎄