Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Category Food
Many dogs love peanut butter and they are a healthy flavoring for homemade dog biscuits. This guide contains recipes for peanut butter dog biscuits.

Ingredients

• 3 cups oat flour
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • water, enough to moisten

Directions

Mix ingredients together well. Form into a ball, roll out to 1/4 inch thickness with a rolling pin. Cut into desired shapes, place on cookie sheets and bake in 325 oven for 30 minutes, or until browned. Turn off oven, leaving biscuits in the oven until cooled. These biscuits may be frozen, but keep well for a couple of weeks if they are very dry and crisp.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I am looking for dog treat recipes made with peanut butter, flour, eggs, and milk.

By Debi

Answers

Best Answer

No eggs or milk but my dogs love this one.

4 Tbsp blackstrap molasses

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup water
6 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups whole wheat flour

1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Whisk together the molasses, peanut butter, water, and vegetable oil.
3. Combine the oats and flour. Slowly add to the wet ingredients.
4. Mix thoroughly, drop tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and press down.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm.
---They will keep well for 2 weeks in air tight container, make sure they are totally dried before putting in container or they will mold. They can be frozen as well.

This is another recipe I use often, I even grab a cookie or 2 for myself when I'm on the run.

1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I usually end up using sweet potato, it's just more available)
4 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
4 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

1.

Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Blend together the pumpkin puree, molasses, water and vegetable oil.
3. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda to form a soft dough.
4. Roll the dough into balls, put on a baking sheet, flatten them, and prick with a fork.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until hard and crisp.

These will also keep for a couple of weeks.

About a month ago, I saw a recipe on Animal Planet for Peanut Butter doggie biscuits. The recipe was from Three Dog Bakery and there was only about 4 ingredients to it. I didn't make it to the TF in time to copy it down. Did anyone happen to see that recipe? Oh pleeeease, tell me someone did! I've tried to find it on the web in I don't know how many places. All the recipes I find have way more than the few ingredients from the recipe I had seen on TF. Help!

Jenny in KY

Answers:

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Hi,
Here's a link to a .zip file that has a bunch of recipes:

http://www.gbronline.com/kcathey/goldenbone/dogbisc.htm

I looked on Animal Planet but couldn't find the recipe. Hopefully someone else saw it and wrote down the recipe.
Susan from ThriftyFun (02/24/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Title: Simple Simon's Birthday Bones
Description: Very simple and dogs love them!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Temperature: 375 degrees F

Ingredients: 2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Cooking Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk.
Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thick and cut out shapes.
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack then store in an airtight container.
Makes 30 large bones

Submitted By: From the Three Dog Bakery Cookbook
There are A LOT of recipes for dogs that sound good where I found this: http://www.getrecipe.com/DogRecipes.asp (02/24/2005)

By Rebecca

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

I saw the recipe, but did not get it. I will try again or find another cheap and simple peanut butter biscuit recipe for you on request, I love making treats for my dog and cat.

(b)Little(/b) T (02/28/2005)

By Natalia

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Here is the Three Dog Bakery recipe when they were on the Food Network.

Dog Biscuits

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Cooking Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thick and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack then store in an airtight container.
Makes 30 large bones
(06/24/2005)

By Toby Lee Spiegel

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

My dogs loved them! Also it very easy to make. Thanks for the recipe. (08/08/2005)

By Justin

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

cool(quote)(/quote) (01/02/2006)

By

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

I just made these for my two furry friends and they love them! (12/03/2006)

By Paula

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Awesome recipe, easy to fix and my 4 dachshunds just love them. If you want them harder leave them in the oven after they are done baking and let them dry out. Great recipe. (01/03/2007)

By Doris

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

I was able to get the recipe quickly. It is:

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Makes 30 large bones

They are delicious so says my German Shepherds. =D (12/11/2007)

By Kristen

peanut butter treats!

Our dogs Mika and Lilly and Birdy love them! We're making them for are family dogs for Christmas! (12/20/2007)

By Lilly++TeganDOGGIEloverrs!

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

simple simon's peanut butter bones

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbs. baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skin milk

Preheat oven to 375 degree. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well. turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. roll out 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. cool on a rack and then store in an airtight container. This recipe is courtesy of three dog bakery,INC. (02/02/2008)

By

Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Simple Dog Treats, the three dog bakery way

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk.
Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and then store in an airtight container.

Makes 30 large dog treats.

These last about a week with my pack. If you are feeding (treating) one dog or small dogs and need them to stay fresh longer than a week they can be dehydrated. Place the cookies on a baking sheet back in a cool oven. Leave the door closed over night for the moisture to be removed. I use my food dehydrator instead of the oven method. They can also be stored in the fridge.
(03/03/2008)

By guest to ThrifyFun