Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

Back in the late 60s or early 70s I used to make dolls from Ivory soap bottles. The heads and hands were vinyl and you actually made clothes. The dolls that we made the most were Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The clothes were made from velvet, with whatever accessories you wanted to add.

Also, I had a pattern for a Betsy Ross door stop doll and it was made from a 2 liter soda pop bottle. Has anyone heard of these? I would love to get the patterns again to make for my granddaughters.

Jo from Decaturville, TN

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

My grandmother made these as well. I'm wondering if your local librarian might be able to help you. Libraries and borrow books from across the country, maybe they can find something that will help.
You might also want to check out Michael's, in their doll making aisle. They have the doll parts, they might also have books with the patterns. (02/15/2006)

By Laura

Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄