Keep Dishes Cold Outside

To keep salads and other foods cold when you're cooking and serving out-of-doors, you'll need to do a little bit of planning and know which bowl you'll be putting your salads in ahead of time. Then, take a larger bowl and place the serving bowl in it. Fill both with water and freeze them.

When ready to start serving, bring them out of the freezer early enough to thaw sufficiently, so that you're able to remove the serving bowl. Empty the serving bowl of the ice (keep it for the cooler). Spoon in the salad keeping the serving bowl in the larger one which still has ice, that just fits the serving bowl. This will keep your salad cold and safe for a longer time.

Source: I don't know who taught me this, but I've been using it for years. It works so well. You just need freezer space; although, sometimes that's at a premium around here.

By Julia from Boca Raton, FL

It's great to see this. I've done this before and it works great.

Thanks for sharing.

Keeper

Wow, I would never have thought of this! What a good idea, you keep the bowl chilled for a long while, and use the ice you froze in the bowl for other things. I like it!

I never would've thought of this!

What a fantastic idea. Thanks for sharing this.

Great idea, keep them coming.

Serving cold salads.
Keeping Food Cold Outdoors
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 6, 2011
Serving water melon outside.
Serving Snacks Outside
Computer
Computer Won't Start in Cold Weather
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
🎉
🎄