Keeper's New Dog

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She is not yet named, so far she answers to "No No!", but I'd like suggestions from ThriftyFun readers on the name. She is 7 weeks old and a Fiest (female). A surprise gift from a friend! I got her on 3-8-2010.

She likes dragging around a flannel receiving blanket. When she runs, she actually hops like a bunny! She's only been with me for short time so we're just getting acquainted.

I lost Panda (Japanese Chin) last December after 14 years so no name (yet) has brought joy and laughter back into my life. I posted her photo to my friends and family asking for names so I'm open to suggestions from the Thrifty Fun readers. Bella(Italian for Beautiful)is at the top of the list.

Thanks to all for the kind words when I lost Panda,

By Keeper from NC

Answers:

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

May I suggest "Thumper" because she hops around like a bunny. Ooh, I like Easter too. Thanks for letting us help! (03/17/2010)

By jannieb

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Aww she's so cute, the girls are loving the emails with photos from you. Thanks. (03/17/2010)

By Ruth

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Lola? I think this is a fiesty name! This is a name we considered for our last dog but we decided on Dixie (which you are welcome to use). What are no name (yet)'s parents names? That was something we also considered when we picked a name (daddy's name was Harley and mother's name was Reba). Yes, after the motorcycle and singer! One of Dixie's siblings was named Smokey after the UT mascot. We felt like we needed a southern sounding name. Please let us know what you decide and enjoy her a lot. (03/17/2010)

By Dixie's Mom

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about "Keeper Two" (to honor your name and that your new little one is a keeper, too!). (03/18/2010)

By caseye

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Molly? (03/18/2010)

By Mary Moo

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Fiesta? just a letter away from Fiest and it is Spanish for party. Looks as though life will be more of a party with her, and according to her temperament. Fiesty may be the one! Go safely, Lesley (03/18/2010)

By popet

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

I think Bella is over used. I know so many people and pets named Bella. What about, " Flannel?" Now that's original! Or "Hops" Or "38 Special" since you got her on 3-8 ! Or you could think of an athlete that wore a 38 and name her after that person. Or look up something interesting that happened or was invented in 1938 and name her after that. Have fun! Be original! And congratulations! (03/18/2010)

By PainterLee

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

What a cutie! How about 'Nona' (pronounced like Mona) as a cute short for 'no name' and that way you can still say no no when she's doing something she shouldn't ;-) (03/18/2010)

By Deeli

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Hi Keeper,
I see so many great doggie names here, but your new little one's name is "Spirit" for many reasons.

Love and Best Wishes to you both, Julia in Boca Raton, FL (03/18/2010)

By PookaRina

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

How about Pookie? (03/18/2010)

By pigeon toes

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She looks like a Poppit to me with her head sticking up from the table like that. Bella is too tame a name for her!
She is a cutie! (03/19/2010)

By jgl77771

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Wow. We're overwhelmed with all your responses. On PainterLees' suggestion of"38 Special". Before I retired from the Sheriff's Dept, I carried a Glock19 but carried a .38 off duty. It would be very fitting. I've written down all of your suggestions so far and hope something"pops"shortly. I thank each of you for all your love and support. ThriftyFun Family is always there when needed. (03/19/2010)

By keeper60

RE: Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Although she looks like a "Patches", since she's carrying that flannel blanket around, a female version of "Linus" (I think that's the one with the blanket from the Peanuts cartoon) seems appropriate. She's so cute and reminds me of my childhood dog named, you guessed it, "Patches"! Good luck with her! (03/19/2010)

By bonnierls

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

She looks a bit like a Firefox (red panda), so maybe a name along those lines? (03/20/2010)

By WildIrish

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Meet Izzy Bella. I can't thank you all enough for your suggestions. I wish I could name her several of unique names. she's turned into quite an entertainer. The harder I laugh the more amusing she gets. Outside she has fun running and gathering pine cones or chasing her faux frisbee. A margarine lid. Some of our friends sent "shower gifts". In this latest photo, she's teething on her very own pacifier. (03/27/2010)

By keeper60

RE: Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

Keeper's New Dog (Fiest)

I was just wondering late last night what you might have decided to name her and Izzy Bella is an adorable name! Thank you so much for letting us know and thank you too for sharing her antics and current photo! :-) (03/27/2010)

By Deeli

Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)
Izzy Bella (Rat Terrier)
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Garlic Keeper
Making a Garlic Keeper
Making an Egg Carton Ice Cream Cone
Making an Egg Carton Ice Cream Cone
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄