Keeping Dogs Out of the Garden

I have a pest that keeps getting in my garden. It is an 8lb longhair miniature dachshund. No matter what I do to fix the gate on my fence this pest keeps getting in. I have heard there is something that can be sprinkled on the ground that when he smells it he will not try to get in. Anyone know what I can do?

By Slingshot_317 from TX

Keeping Dogs Out of the Garden

Sprinkle a liberal dose of cayenne pepper where he is going under, that usually works. (04/16/2010)

By kelreg

Keeping Dogs Out of the Garden

I tried cayenne pepper flakes. My dog ate it. Will try moth balls next. I hate to, but my husband is getting impatient with the dog digging up tomato plants! (05/25/2010)

By sexton68

Moth balls are toxic to both humans and animals. If your dog eats them, the vet should be called immediately.

A dog sitting in a garden.
Keeping Dogs Out of Your Garden
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
dog in flowerbed
Keeping Dogs Out of Flowerbeds
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal