Keeping Frost off Windshield

I have a tip that I use now that it is getting cold. When I get into my car, it has frost on the windshield, sometimes thick. I don't have time to let it sit and wait to warm up to defrost before heading out in the early morning hours.

This is what I do: after I get home from work in the evening if I know I'm not going back out I slip one of the back floor mats on my windshield, you can put one on the back too if you want (if it will stay), put the fabric side against the windshield. The front one I put right under the wiper so the wiper will hold it when the frost comes. When the mat is taken off there is a clear view right there at the right spot for me to see. Hope this tip helps some of you too.

Helpful Reader

Answers:

Keeping Windshield Clear of Frost

If you live where you have a lot of snow and ice, this will help keep your windshield clear.

I use a piece of plastic tarp just larger than the windshield and cover it each night. I just set a wiper on top of it, and close the front doors on it. It stays and place and works great. (02/15/2005)

By lighthouselady

Keeping Frost off Windshield

Be careful using the tarps and shutting the front doors on it. We did this and when it rained it ran into the car from the tarp and our floor was soaked. We just place a bricks on the top of the car cover the wipers to keep them clean before using them to hold the tarp down also.
Tonya (02/15/2005)

By Dgrams

Keeping Frost off Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
🎄