Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow

I found a great use for those old flannel lined plastic tablecloths (although and unlined one or used shower curtain would probably work). I live in the Northeast and we have had a lot of snow recently. I have been following some snow-shields for the car's windshield on Ebay (because I could not find any in the stores at all) and they have been really expensive.

I had several old, faded, plastic tablecloths that I had not thrown out (because I figured there must be a use for them). You just put it across your windshield, covering wiper blades so they don't freeze. Open one front door and put it inside the car; and then stretch it and do the same on the other side.

This has saved soooo much time trying to get the snow and ice off the windshields you wouldn't believe and the best part is it is FREE. I just shake off snow, fold the tablecloth and leave it in the car - replacing it on the windshield when I get home.

By Betty

Top Comment

$ Store clear plastic shower curtains are great. Made snow removal in Virginia super easy. Just cover the windshield top and back end of your vehicle and snow removal will take just a few minutes

To get rid of ice quickly on windshield- I just use my wiper fluid because it is De-ICER windshield wash made for winter that does not freeze! No scaping, no nothing! Squirt squirt and ice disappears and off I go! I am in Northeast and have been using this stuff for so many years.