Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

The ice maker in my Kenmore side by side refrigerator is making a noise every five seconds. At the exact time of the sound, the wire arm moves as if something is bumping it. Please advise.

By Darlene from MO

Answers:

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

Ours did something similar, and it was just that the ice bin was not seated correctly under the arm; maybe give it a shake and see if that's the problem (or flip the bin around, setting it in backwards in error may also do this). (05/12/2010)

By PupperMom

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

I just had the same problem, and appreciated your suggestion. But I could not see how to remove the ice bin. However, while investigating that I saw that an ice cube had gotten stuck half-way out of the ice bin. I could not break it out, so I poured hot water (from the hot water tap, not boiling water) over the ice bin, and it fixed the problem. (06/21/2010)

By pegof

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄