Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I just brought a new dog home from the pound I believe he has kennel cough. He doesn't cough a whole lot but sure has a runny nose. Here is my problem: I have other dogs that have been vaccinated but I still want a preventative. I also have a litter of puppies from a foster that I am scared will catch it because they are only 3 weeks old. I was wondering if I can give him a penicillin shot that is human grade. I take them myself when I get sick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rachael from Phoenix

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I would not treat kennel cough at home. You are playing with fire. Please take your dog to a vet before it is too late.

Jennifer from Northern Virginia (07/24/2007)

By ILuvDobes

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

People, kennel cough is NOT that bad! It is the doggy flu so to speak. You can vaccinate, but like a flu shot your, pooch can still get it. Our vaccination only covers 5-6 of the 11 types out there. It can be treated at home, unless your dog is too old, young, or has a serious illness, then seek a vet. It should clear with in a week or two. (11/06/2007)

By Shpadonka

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I was told to use 3% hydrogen peroxide. Mix it into your pets water or even milk and it should be fine in a couple of days. For larger dogs use a cap full, and for smaller ones 2 to 3 drops.

By Sam

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

Kennel cough CAN be very bad if it is let go for so long. Although if it is treated early enough I think it can be treated at home. I am trying the H2O2(hydrogen peroxide) method on a Shorkie with kennel cough I just adopted from a shelter. So far it is working quite well. (10/11/2008)

By Lexie

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

Kennel cough is easily treated with an organic herbal remedy called Kennel-Koff. We used it on one of our rescues and it took away his cough within 48 hours. You can buy it online or at a retail store.

It did the trick for our rescue!

By Happy Pets

Kennel Cough Home Remedies
A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Lab in a kennel.
Cleaning a Dog Kennel
A small dog in a kennel.
Bedding Ideas for Dog Kennels