Kennel Cough Home Remedies

Does anyone know a way to get rid of kennel cough? My Boxer took off about two weeks ago and the Humane Society picked him up. They charged us an unreasonable amount to get him back. We understood that part, but now the 7 puppies and the female have what we found out was kennel cough.

We ended up taking the male to the vet to find out what was wrong with him, but this was before we found out every other dog we have now has it also.

We cannot afford the treatment for all the dogs, and don't know what to do. I really don't understand how the Human society cannot tell someone for the dog's sake that he has been around many other dogs that have this issue.

Our vet told us this was not the only dog that has come from that place with the same issue. Anyway I am not going to go on about that, I just need to know how to get rid of this horrible issue. The dogs look to be in pain with this horrible cough. Please help.

Amanda from Union

Answers:

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

I work for an animal rescue and as posted below please take dog to vet to be treated. Yearly Bordatella shot prevents it especially if you take in foster dogs on a regular basis. (03/18/2009)

By Cosy

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

Also, normally vets have that credit card that you can apply for that is 90 days same as cash or charged a low interest rate percentage after that - ask your vet about it. (03/18/2009)

By Cosy

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

If your vet has confirmed one pet has it, he should be more than willing to supply you with meds for the others or mine is if it's something as simple as kennel cough. Have you asked for a quantity discount? (03/19/2009)

By dinkly

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

My adopted dog had it at 8 weeks old and our vet gave us a RX for a cough pill with hydrocodone, just like humans. I filled it at Walgreens under his first name and my last name. Do not bring the dog home without medication, older and other pets will catch it, too. (03/19/2009)

By Dozersmom

Kennel Cough Home Remedies

A teaspoonful of "runny" honey x 3 times per day, not only does it soothe, but it is antiseptic as well.

We found it worked better than anything else (including what the vet gave us) and over a short period of time, did no significant harm to the teeth. (03/20/2009)

By skinnyjinny

Kennel Cough Home Remedies
A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Lab in a kennel.
Cleaning a Dog Kennel
A small dog in a kennel.
Bedding Ideas for Dog Kennels
🎉
🎄