Killing Tree Stumps

How to kill tree stump for good?

By Roodie from Houston, TX

Answers:

Killing Tree Stumps

Each time you barbeque and use charcoal, or build a fire in the fireplace for the winter, put the leftover red hot coals onto the stump. Make sure to water the surrounding area to prevent fire. It will burn the stump out over time. (10/01/2009)

By tami333

Killing Tree Stumps

Pour gas on the stump. It will kill it. You may have to do it more than once, good luck. (10/01/2009)

By kffrmw88

Killing Tree Stumps

We cut a tree down next to our house. To kill the stump, I cut it back as far as I could, next to the ground. Then I covered every bit of the stump up so it would not have any exposure to the sun. I used a metal bucket. You could probably use anything that would block out light and be sturdy. then I covered the bucket with dirt. The tree never grew anymore. It worked for me. (10/02/2009)

By suzin

Killing Tree Stumps

I recall seeing a product at Home Depot where you drilled holes in the stump, poured the product into the holes, then lit the product. It would burn into the roots killing the stump. I don't know if it is still available. You could also contact a arborist from the yellow pages and ask how they kill a stump. (10/02/2009)

By foxrun41

Killing Tree Stumps

Winter salt kills tree stumps, wild grape vines, and any other nasties that are hard to get rid of. (10/03/2009)

By Mlina

Killing Tree Stumps
beautiful top down view of tree stump
Reusing Tree Stumps
mouse peeking out of a hole in a loaf of bread
Getting Rid of Mice Without Killing Them
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel
🎉
🎄