Browsing: Kittens With Fleas

Kittens with Fleas

Just found 2 orphaned 4 week old kitties-house and other cats now flea infested. What can I do for kitties so young to get rid of these pests?
Answers:
Flea Infested Kittens 08/04/2004
Use a flea comb on them frequently. Comb the kitten, then dunk the comb and any attached fleas into a dish of soapy water. Rinse the comb, then run it through the kitten's fur again. Wash the bedding daily; no need to wash in hot, the soap will drown the adults and the eggs/larva will be washed away. Sweep Borax into the carpet a few hours before vacuuming, then throw the bag away. Don't bother with flea collars or flea stuff you can get at the grocery or discount store, they usually don't work. Read the product label, it will say what type of animals it is safe to use on, and what age they have to be. Farnam used to make a flea foam that was safe for kittens, but it was only available through vets and I haven't seen it for years. Good luck.
By Patticat
Flea Infested Kittens 08/25/2004
I'm not sure for fleas if this would work, but it can't hurt to try. A girlfriend of mine kitties got ringworm. After taking them to the vet and getting medicines for them that didn't work and having to disinfect her entire house and other pets, as well. She finally tried organic apple cider vinegar on the ringworm. She said it was working as the kitties let her know it stung, but in a few days the ringworm places were starting to heal. You might try bathing your kitties in this vinegar and water. Best of luck!
By badwater
Flea Infested Kittens 07/15/2005
I just read that you can use dawn dish detergent to get rid of them on that young of a kitten. You soap them up from the neck down(starting at the neck) and then you let it sit for 4 minutes and then rinse well! this should work I haven't tried it but pet stores told me it worked as well as some websites!!

Kittens With Fleas
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
kitten with fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas on Kittens
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 5:15:31 PM on 10.0.1.169 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.