Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I am needing help in getting red kool-aid and soda out of my carpet I have tried hydrogen peroxide and its not helping. Can someone help me please?

Peeweebubbamom from West Jordan, UT

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

Shaving cream or folex (in the carpet cleaner section) is safe for most carpets, and folex has a 100% money back guarantee! Don't be a consumer without it! They both really work great!

Linda made a great point: don't let them have it in the living room. Heck, regular juice is easier to clean up, and can be mixed with soda water for "soda" (05/24/2006)

By camo_angels

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I have used Koolaid to dye materials...may not come out. If you have to replace the carpet, talk to your insurance agent to see if this is covered
My Husband brke a bottle of red wine and we had to replace the carpet and it was coivered by our homeowners (05/25/2006)

By Diana

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

Awsome cleaner. I used to buy it at dollar stores. Can't say that I have bought it lately, and I no longer have white counters or carpet. When I did that stuff took it right out. It worked like it was bleach, but harmed nothing that you sprayed it on. I was like magic on red, kool-aid, juice, fruit, jello, wine... any thing red. I used to buy it by the gallon. I think I used it on my husbands shirts also? can't remember, if it did not work for clothing I also have the answer for that.

Whites can be dabed with bleach & rinsed but what about colors? You spread the shirt over a big bowl or pan tie it around or tape it so it stays taught if you can. Boil a pan of water, then pour it from about 12"s above the shirt onto the shirt. It should take the stain out the 1st time, other wise boil a second pan & repeat. Like magic no more red spot on your shirt. (06/11/2006)

By Stephani

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I spilled red koolaid on my tan berber carpet and immediately I tried Folex and also Kids'N'Pets. Neither took the stain out. We even used them in the shampooer. (07/28/2006)

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

Am forever spilling Kool Aid on the carpet. What works here is a combo of baking soda and vinegar. Let them bubble for several minutes then blot. If the stain is still there re-apply once or twice. (09/25/2006)

By gator10tx

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

i always use rubbing alcohol and it works for me. (12/20/2007)

By smilingfaces88

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I tried the Oxy Clean too and it didn't work. I found on another site they say to use dawn, and water. Put the solution on the stain, then put a white towel over it and an iron. It should come out then. (02/06/2008)

By Melissa

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I thought I was going to have to get a divorce laywer after I told my DH our 1 yr old spilled my red kool-aid all over our new carpet. I tried this trick and it's working. It will take some time but it does work! Thanks so much! (02/18/2008)

By Tonia

Kool-aid Stains on Carpet

I recently searched for how to get red koolaid out of carpet and found myself on a site that gave the most wonderful advice. Mind you, I have had these stains for over a year and a half. So I quickly ran to the hardware store and bought the only thing I needed which was about $3. The stains were magically gone. I wish I could hug the person who gave the advice.

1) Mix equal parts of ammonia and water and drench your stained area.

2) Take a white rag and soak it in plain water.

3) Place the rag dripping with water on top of your stain.

4) Take a hot iron and place on top of your wet rag for 20-40 seconds. You may take off and put on for increments of 10 seconds if you would like.
You will see the red stain transfer to the white rag.

What you need:
white rags,
water, and
an iron

By Forever grateful!

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet