Looking for Weed Killer that Won't Kill Grass

I have lots of weeds growing in my front yard. What can I use to kill them without killing the grass?

By Tracy

Answers:

You can buy one at Lowe's made by Bayer. It comes in a gallon with a battery operated, hand held sprayer or in a quart container you can attach to a garden hose. It kills 200 weeds, but not the grass. I use it a lot. (08/06/2010)

By foxrun41

The most standard type of broadleaf weed killer (kills plants with broad leaves and doesn't kill grass) is called 2-4D. This is a generic term, and is not the brand name, so you'll need to look at the ingredient list of whatever spray you get. It's potent stuff, so use sparingly if you care about the environment, your pets' and kids' health. (Still, sometimes this is the only stuff that works, and if you get the weeds sprayed before they go to seed, you won't have to spray much or at all in the following years). I live in Colorado and tried all of the natural stuff, including boiling water, nothing worked for me, so I just use chemicals very sparingly in conjunction with hand weeding. The key is definitely getting stuff before it goes to seed. (08/06/2010)

By cathyholcombe

The easy way to kill the weeds in the lawn is to buy Ortho Weed-b-Gon Max. It works great and can be bought just about anywhere. (08/06/2010)

By lgsiy

Weed and Feed is great. It kills the weeds and feeds the grass. (08/09/2010)

By Fortunately

Hand spraying weed killer onto a largenweed that is in a perfect grass lawn
Weed Killer that Won't Kill Grass
Grass Clippings On Sidewalk
Using Grass Clippings That Have Weed Killer On Them
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
Creeping, mat-forming succulent species, called an ice plant.
Weed Killer That Won't Kill Ice Plants
🎄