Make Your Own Disinfectant Wipes

Never buy disposable cleaning wipes again. Layer inexpensive coffee filters in a resealable container and pour in just enough multi-surface cleaner to dampen each one. Coffee filters are made with longer fibers than paper towels and will stand up to your toughest scrubbing.

Source: Women's magazine

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanks

August 15, 2011 Flag

I learned to make my own disinfecting wipes when my kids where in diapers and the disinfecting wipes had just come out and were/are expensive. Here's what you'll need:

Cut the whole roll of paper towels in half with an electric meat cutter. Leave in package to cut. Put 1/2 roll into water proof container, Pull out the cardboard tube. Boil water. Squirt baby shampoo over the top of roll once or twice around the roll, then pour a cap or two full of alcohol over the roll. Pour the boiling water over the roll cover and seal. Leave for 30 minutes or so.

Save the other 1/2 of the paper towels to make your next batch

Note: If you want the Clorox brand wipes, just switch out the alcohol with bleach. At the time, I wanted the alcohol because I had babies in the house.

Enjoy cleaning now :)

By Dawn A. from Durango, CO

Great tip, thanks :-)

Instead of using paper towels, that gets expensive over time, try buying some plain cheap fabric (flannel works great), cut the fabric into squares, soak in the solution and use. When you're done, place in washer and wash, reuse again and again! Works the same!

Homemade Disinfectant Cleaner Ingredients
Homemade Disinfectant Cleaners
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes General PurposeMay 5, 2011
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Rubber cleaning glove giving a thumbs up.
Homemade Cleaning Wipes
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
🎄