Make Your Own Sausage Patties

My husband is both diabetic and has heart problems. He has always eaten sausage for breakfast and the sausage we would buy in the grocery store always had additives and more fat in them then he could handle.

One day I found ground pork on sale for a reasonable price. I bought some and when I got home I took and mixed it up with pepper, salt and sage and made thin sausage patties (they look like small pancakes). My husband loves them. For $1.79 a pound I can buy 20 pounds of pork and make enough sausage to last my husband for over 3 months. I am now buying enough to make sausage for the whole family. The cost is cheaper, even with buying the spices, than a pound of sausage at $2.08 and it does not have many of the additives my family and I are allergic to.

By Jackie from Oscuro, NM

I am interested in making this homemade sausage. How much of each spice (salt, pepper and sage) do you add to 20 lbs of meat? Please e-mail me at mccrayjac AT Thanks!

Jackie M.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchJune 9, 2011
Fried Frozen Chicken Patties
Recipes Using Frozen Chicken Patties
3 sausages with herbs
Homemade Sausage Recipes
Fried Chicken Patties
Homemade Chicken Patties
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage