Browsing: Making Chocolate Milk

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Chocolate Milk

It is easy and delicious to make your own flavored milk at home. This guide is about making chocolate milk.

Chocolate Milk
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 27, 2011 Flag
My kids love it, and it costs less!

• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • dash of salt

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in small pot. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Let cool. Store in glass jar in fridge.

Servings: depends how much you like to use!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes

Source: Simply Frugal

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 8, 2005 Flag

How can you make chocolate milk at home without the chocolate separating from the milk? Chocolate syrup always ends up at the bottom of the cup. My 2 year old can go thru 3 gallons of store bought chocolate milk in a week. And although I want him to have the milk, the cost of this is unbelievable. I have tried mixing the store bought chocolate milk equally with powdered milk and it has worked. Just wondering if someone else knew a cheaper way to fake him out!

Thanks,
Carole in NC

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I drink a gallon of milk a day, so what? It's not harmful, sheesh, you people... Would rather have my kids drink milk than soda or even juice, which is MUCH higher in sugar, damages your teeth and causes acid reflux.

The cocoa mix and syrup recipes above are similar to the ones I use myself, I don't buy the premade packaged junk.

I am floored by some of these comments. I assume that you no longer read this post, since it was more than 2 years ago. But my son whom will be 3 in June was drinking about 3 gallons of milk a week, if not more. I spoke to his Dr. about this and as long as he is eating normally than there is nothing to be concerned about. They checked his IRON level and it is great. The only concern you should have had was too much milk can cause high iron levels and stomach problems.

Got sick and hyper kids? Find out why. http://www.milksucks.com

http://www.nowheat.com/grfx/nomilk/

My son was diagnosed with ADHD. He was put on drugs. I took him off and removed all dairy and wheat from his diet. I've seen more of an improvement in him in the last 6 months than I ever did with drugs. (He drinks Vanilla Rice Milk which is yummy in cereal.)

AGH! I just read the post about someone adding a few drops of food coloring to their child's milk. Please NEVER add food coloring to their food! For that matter, we avoid buying any artificial colors or flavors. If you do a search on food colorings, particularly Red #40 or Blue Lake you will see that they have been found to be carcinogens! Also, food color is just petroleum based chemicals you put in your food. They are not safe, they just won't kill you.

Food coloring can do a lot of harm to children, and there are plenty of websites that will explain how if you just google it. Use an organic chocolate milk mix or make your own. If your kids don't want to drink milk, just use a little sugar and vanilla, and if they still don't they may be allergic to it. We usually don't like the taste of things we are allergic to, and our body knows it. There are plenty of other dairy products that kids like, so just bulk up on the cheese and yogurt!

Read More Answers...

February 14, 2005 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe to make chocolate milk using Hershey's cocoa powder. I have two children who love chocolate milk and I was thinking maybe making milk this way would be less expensive.

Any ideas?
Melissa

beanygurl - Thanks for the recipe. I just tried it and it's really tasty. I have a box of cocoa powder sitting around and this is a great way to use it up.

thank you beanygurl i added some cinnimon and nutmeg and it really makes the syrup taste all the much better and you have solved my chocolate milk crisis

I love it!

Thanks, Beanygurl! I just read that fructose (corn syrup) is contributing to the obesity problem in our country. It is also partially responsible for belly fat. So many of our foods contain fructose because it is so much cheaper than glucose (regular sugar) because our govt. put a tariff on glucose. Brach's candy moved to Mexico because glucose is 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper there. Anyway, since Chocolate syrup contains fructose, I was looking for a recipe I could make myself. Yours filled the bill perfectly! Thanks!

Read More Answers...

May 2, 2011 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for chocolate soldier? It's chocolate milk, made with dry milk, cocoa, and very little sugar. It tastes a great deal like Yoohoo, with no fat, no added stuff! It is cheap to make and makes a gallon. You mix it up and keep it in the fridge a couple hours before you drink it. My children loved it. I would like to give the recipe to my grown daughter for her children to enjoy.

By Marty from Fredericktown, OH

http://www.food.com/recipe/Copycat-Yoohoo-94851

I found recipe on this website, but didn't list the sugar as one of the ingredients. Just add your own sugar to taste.

December 10, 2004 Flag

When making chocolate milk for a treat, put milk and syrup in a sipper cup, put the lid on, cover the hole with your finger and shake to mix it up. No spoon to wash.

By Linda

August 4, 2009 Flag

Make chocolate milk from powdered milk and generic brand chocolate syrup. Then, when kids want hot chocolate, heat it up. It's so easy, and so inexpensive. Marshmallows are optional.

By Stephanie from Anchorage, AK

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesOctober 27, 2013
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:01:36 PM on 10.0.2.26 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.