Making Flavored Coffee

Make your own flavored coffee at home for a special treat and an inexpensive alternative to the coffee shop. This is a guide about making flavored coffee.

February 3, 2016 Flag

I don't know about you, but I hate paying the price of coffee lattes and chai tea lattes. They are around $3.50 for a medium or large. I now make them at home anytime I want one, simply by using a stick blender or wand. Or you could use a mixer to get that frothy topping.

I buy my favorite teas, french vanilla, black chai tea, or caramel black chai tea, or any favorite tea you would like. For coffee latte, use your leftover coffee, add vanilla extract and cinnamon or any spice you like. For both tea and coffee lattes I use liquid dairy flavored creamers. I buy the low fat and sugar free.

For tea latte, boil 1 cup of water in the microwave or tea kettle. Put the tea bag and sugar or any sweetener in your cup, add the boiling water. Let this steep for a few minutes. Take the tea bag out. Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla creamer. Pour this into a large cup. I always place this in the sink, because it sometimes spatters. And blend this for 1 full minute. Pour it back into the mug, you will have the frothy top, add a few sprinkles of cinnamon or nutmeg, whichever you like. I use pumpkin spice. Follow the same steps for coffee lattes, excluding the hot water.

Enjoy your lattes! Free of charge!

Thank you both for your positive feed back...

Thank you (not) for your positive feed back. I was always taught that if you didn't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all....

November 24, 2009 Flag

I love the Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee that is sold at this time of the year. But, drinking too many of them can really put a hole in my pocket!

May 28, 2010 Flag

For a different coffee flavor, use candy flavoring oils. Just take your favorite flavoring oil and add it to the dry coffee grounds when you make a fresh pot of coffee.

January 10, 2012 Flag
Make your own coffee flavoring syrups at home in any flavor you want (within reason - bacon flavor might not be a good choice in your coffee).

• 1 cup water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1-2 tsp. flavoring of your choice*
  • Directions:

Put water and sugar in a kettle. Heat to boiling over medium high heat on your range top. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover with a lid for 1-2 minutes (this washes sugar crystals off of the side of the pan and will cut down on crystallization). Stir in your flavoring, a teaspoon at first and add a little more at a time until it is as strong as you desire. Cool and put in a cute bottle or even vinegar carafe. Use this in your coffee to give it that coffee house flavoring. Yum.

It would be a good idea to store this in the refrigerator if you are not going to consume it all in one day - which you might, because it is so easy to make and so good that you will want to call all of your friends together to sample your genius cooking skills.

Sometimes I have to add up to a tablespoon of flavoring, depending on its strength. For super concentrated flavorings like Lorann, use only 1/8 teaspoon or a few drops at a time and taste after each addition.

*Vanilla and caramel flavoring are nice together. Rum and butter flavoring would be good too. So would almond and chocolate. Cinnamon and vanilla, raspberry and chocolate. Use what you have and get creative.

Servings: about 16
    Prep Time: 5 Minutes
    Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: Just kind of figured this out after reading the ingredients on an expensive bottle of syrup.

By Patty from Darrington, WA

I use extracts for coffee flavoring. I use an eye dropper to measure. So, once your coffee is made, including regular flavor coffeemate (or nonfat powdered milk - just double the amount if using) and sweetener of your choice, add one drop per cup of coffee for your flavor. I use french vanilla, almond extract for "Amaretto" flavor, hot chocolate for "Mocha". You can even use rum extract, brandy extract, etc. I haven't ever tried using a fruit flavor, such as banana, cherry, orange. I'm not that brave, but I suppose you could try those. This is much cheaper than the syrup, plus you can sweeten with your choice of sugar, equal, etc.

Add xanthan or guam gum, thickens up.

I do a sugar free way with artificial sugars - add vanilla.

Sugar free vanilla syrup :)

March 8, 2010 Flag

For another twist to your morning coffee, try adding small pieces of fresh orange rind and even add a bit of cocoa. It's a traditional flavor mix and a freebie if you have oranges every morning the way I do!

November 10, 2012 Flag

If you want just a little bit of a change to your morning cup of coffee, just sprinkle about a quarter teaspoon of "pumpkin pie spice" on top of the coffee in the basket and let it brew. It's yummy and also smells good. :-)

October 5, 2007 Flag

Instead of expensive flavoring for coffee, I bought a bottle of cinnamon sugar and sprinkle to taste in a cup of coffee. I also add different flavored extracts (rum, coconut, vanilla) to my coffee.

October 14, 2009 Flag

Love flavoured coffees but always have a few beans or grounds left at the end of the bag? Don't throw them out! Store the tablespoon or so in a container with a lid.

September 8, 2010 Flag

I need some simple quick recipes for flavored coffee? I am not wanting the flavored instant stuff they sell, but real coffee.

By Randa

You could use a drop or two of almond, amaretto, hazelnut, orange, or vanilla extract or any other flavor your heart might desire to your regular coffee and tea.

You can also add a teaspoon (for 4 cup coffeemakers) or a tablespoon (for 8 cup coffeemakers) of cinnamon to your coffee grounds. Mix it up with the grounds before brewing.

You can add or reduce the amount to your taste after you brewed your first pot.

November 29, 2004 Flag

I love flavored coffee and was wondering if anyone had an inexpensive way to flavor just regular ground coffee. I know you can add cinnamon but I don't know how much to add or if you can add other stuff. So if you know please let me know, I would be ever so grateful.

By Soulegal from Three Rivers, MI

For my 4 cup machine, I add approximately 1 - 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract to the dry grounds and then turn the machine on. Sometimes I add a few drops right into my mug instead (say, if I use a French Roast or anything other than regular).

Same goes for almost any flavored extract.

I buy whole bean coffee; when I grind it, I toss in toasted almonds and dried blueberries, then add a sprinkle of cinnamon (you can use a small piece of cinnamon stick or a few cloves) and brew. I also use dried orange zest or toasted hazelnuts and a bit of vanilla (I haven't tried using the vanilla bean itself yet). The flavor is not as intense as, say, flavored syrup, but I don't like the flavoring to overpower the coffee. I've used the ground coffee mixture in a drip-style coffee maker, a French press and a stovetop expresso maker (this last one gives the strongest flavor).

August 5, 2009 Flag

How Do you make a Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty?

By TaniPaigi from Deltona, FL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't think the OP wanted to know how Wendy's does it. I searched and found this, so maybe you can add some cold coffee or even instant coffee to it to get the coffee flavor.And top off with bits of toffee candy or whirl them I guess :) I copied this from Hope it helps~

* 1 C. milk

* 1/2 C. Nestle's Quik

* 4 C. vanilla ice cream, softened

1. Blend milk and Quik for 10 seconds on high speed of blender.

2. Pulse in the ice cream until barely mixed. Mixture should be very

3. thick. Freeze for at least an hour before serving.

October 19, 2006 Flag

Recipe for Coffee Mixes Using Ground Coffee. Place coffee and nutmeg in a blender or food processor. With processor running, add extracts. Stop processor and scrape sides of container with a spatula. Process 10 seconds longer. Place mix in a bowl and stir in almonds. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.

September 8, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying flavored creamers, which are really expensive whether fluid or powdered, use a drop or two of almond, amaretto, hazelnut, orange, or vanilla extract or any other flavor your heart might desire to your regular creamed coffee and tea.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Homemade Flavored Coffee

I also sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on mine and always a pinch of salt, helps take out the bitter! (06/09/2010)

By michawnpita

Load More
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesNovember 14, 2012
A cup of instant cappuccino made from a mix.
Cappuccino Mix Recipes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
bottles of coffee syrups
Uses for Coffee Syrups
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)