Making Flavored Coffee

Make your own flavored coffee at home for a special treat and an inexpensive alternative to the coffee shop. This is a guide about making flavored coffee.

November 24, 2009 Flag

I love the Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee that is sold at this time of the year. But, drinking too many of them can really put a hole in my pocket!

So I made my own! When I brew coffee, I added a teaspoon ( or more) of Pumpkin Pie Spice to the coffee grounds! Turned out pretty good. Not quite the same, but close enough. And there was a whole pot of brewed pumpkin spice coffee for nearly next to nothing. I already had the spice in my cabinet, and was going to brew coffee anyway.

Your taste may require more spice than I did. Enjoy.

By Barb from East Tennessee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 8 Comments

February 3, 2016 Flag

I don't know about you, but I hate paying the price of coffee lattes and chai tea lattes. They are around $3.50 for a medium or large. I now make them at home anytime I want one, simply by using a stick blender or wand. Or you could use a mixer to get that frothy topping.

I buy my favorite teas, french vanilla, black chai tea, or caramel black chai tea, or any favorite tea you would like. For coffee latte, use your leftover coffee, add vanilla extract and cinnamon or any spice you like. For both tea and coffee lattes I use liquid dairy flavored creamers. I buy the low fat and sugar free.

For tea latte, boil 1 cup of water in the microwave or tea kettle. Put the tea bag and sugar or any sweetener in your cup, add the boiling water. Let this steep for a few minutes. Take the tea bag out. Add 2 tablespoons of vanilla creamer. Pour this into a large cup. I always place this in the sink, because it sometimes spatters. And blend this for 1 full minute. Pour it back into the mug, you will have the frothy top, add a few sprinkles of cinnamon or nutmeg, whichever you like. I use pumpkin spice. Follow the same steps for coffee lattes, excluding the hot water.

Enjoy your lattes! Free of charge!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

May 28, 2010 Flag

For a different coffee flavor, use candy flavoring oils. Just take your favorite flavoring oil and add it to the dry coffee grounds when you make a fresh pot of coffee. Only use one or two drops, because oils are strong. I like Irish Cream best. Just add cream or whipped cream, along with desired sweetener. No need to buy expensive flavored coffees, just use your candy flavoring!

By Monica from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

January 10, 2012 Flag

Make your own coffee flavoring syrups at home in any flavor you want (within reason - bacon flavor might not be a good choice in your coffee).

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 8, 2010 Flag

For another twist to your morning coffee, try adding small pieces of fresh orange rind and even add a bit of cocoa. It's a traditional flavor mix and a freebie if you have oranges every morning the way I do!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 10, 2012 Flag

If you want just a little bit of a change to your morning cup of coffee, just sprinkle about a quarter teaspoon of "pumpkin pie spice" on top of the coffee in the basket and let it brew. It's yummy and also smells good. :-)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 5, 2007 Flag

Instead of expensive flavoring for coffee, I bought a bottle of cinnamon sugar and sprinkle to taste in a cup of coffee. I also add different flavored extracts (rum, coconut, vanilla) to my coffee.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 14, 2009 Flag

Love flavoured coffees but always have a few beans or grounds left at the end of the bag? Don't throw them out! Store the tablespoon or so in a container with a lid.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 19, 2006 Flag

Recipe for Coffee Mixes Using Ground Coffee. Place coffee and nutmeg in a blender or food processor. With processor running, add extracts. Stop processor and scrape sides of container with a spatula. Process 10 seconds longer. Place mix in a bowl and stir in almonds. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 8, 2010 Flag

I need some simple quick recipes for flavored coffee? I am not wanting the flavored instant stuff they sell, but real coffee.

By Randa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could use a drop or two of almond, amaretto, hazelnut, orange, or vanilla extract or any other flavor your heart might desire to your regular coffee and tea.

You can also add a teaspoon (for 4 cup coffeemakers) or a tablespoon (for 8 cup coffeemakers) of cinnamon to your coffee grounds. Mix it up with the grounds before brewing.

You can add or reduce the amount to your taste after you brewed your first pot.

MaryAnn

November 29, 2004 Flag

I love flavored coffee and was wondering if anyone had an inexpensive way to flavor just regular ground coffee. I know you can add cinnamon but I don't know how much to add or if you can add other stuff. So if you know please let me know, I would be ever so grateful.

By Soulegal from Three Rivers, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For my 4 cup machine, I add approximately 1 - 1.5 tsp of vanilla extract to the dry grounds and then turn the machine on. Sometimes I add a few drops right into my mug instead (say, if I use a French Roast or anything other than regular).

Same goes for almost any flavored extract.

I buy whole bean coffee; when I grind it, I toss in toasted almonds and dried blueberries, then add a sprinkle of cinnamon (you can use a small piece of cinnamon stick or a few cloves) and brew. I also use dried orange zest or toasted hazelnuts and a bit of vanilla (I haven't tried using the vanilla bean itself yet). The flavor is not as intense as, say, flavored syrup, but I don't like the flavoring to overpower the coffee. I've used the ground coffee mixture in a drip-style coffee maker, a French press and a stovetop expresso maker (this last one gives the strongest flavor).

August 5, 2009 Flag

How Do you make a Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty?

By TaniPaigi from Deltona, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://wendys.c … &product=355

I don't think the OP wanted to know how Wendy's does it. I searched and found this, so maybe you can add some cold coffee or even instant coffee to it to get the coffee flavor.And top off with bits of toffee candy or whirl them I guess :) I copied this from grouprecipes.com Hope it helps~

* 1 C. milk

* 1/2 C. Nestle's Quik

* 4 C. vanilla ice cream, softened

Directions

1. Blend milk and Quik for 10 seconds on high speed of blender.

2. Pulse in the ice cream until barely mixed. Mixture should be very

3. thick. Freeze for at least an hour before serving.

September 8, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying flavored creamers, which are really expensive whether fluid or powdered, use a drop or two of almond, amaretto, hazelnut, orange, or vanilla extract or any other flavor your heart might desire to your regular creamed coffee and tea.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Answers:

Homemade Flavored Coffee

I also sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on mine and always a pinch of salt, helps take out the bitter! (06/09/2010)

By michawnpita

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 9, 2010 Flag

How do you make flavored coffee? Like Hazelnut, Vanilla, etc.

By cajunangel from Shreveport, LA

Answers:

Homemade Flavored Coffee

Here are a few I have made and tried! On how to spice up standard old instant coffee. Combine a teaspoon or two of the mixes below with a mug of hot water and enjoy your very own flavored coffees:

Bavarian Mint Coffee

• 2/3 cup instant coffee
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. dried mint leaves
  • 2/3 cup non-dairy creamer

Cafe L'Orange

• 2/3 cup instant coffee
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. crushed dried orange peel
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cinnamon and Spice Coffee

• 2/3 cup instant coffee
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. allspice

Brown Sugar Delight

• 1 cup instant coffee
  • 1 cup non-dairy creamer
  • 1 cup brown sugar
Swiss Mocha
  • 1 cup instant coffee
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 4 tsp. cocoa powder

Cafe Mocha

• 2/3 cup instant coffee
  • 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
  • 1/3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup non-dairy creamer
  • 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
All of the above mixes can be premixed and stored indefinitely. (10/20/2009)

By Diva53d

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 28, 2010 Flag

Instead of buying expensive flavored coffees, we buy basic coffee (for the coffee maker) and sprinkle cinnamon on top of the ground coffee before turning on the machine.

By Kay from Tamarac, FL

Answers:

Flavored Coffee Recipes

Put several of these flavored coffee recipes in a gift basket for a wonderful gift for a coffee lover.

Cafe Bavarian Mint Flavored Coffee

• 1/4 cup Powdered Creamer
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Instant Coffee
  • 2 Tbsp. Powdered Baking Cocoa
  • 2 hard candy Peppermints

Process in a blender on liquify until well blended. Store in an air tight container. Use by tablespoonfuls according to taste.Spoon in cup and add hot water.

Cafe Cappuccino Flavored Coffee

• 1/4 cup Powdered Creamer
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Instant Coffee
  • 1 Orange flavored piece of hard candy

Process in a blender on liquify until well blended. Store in an air tight container. Use by tablespoonfuls according to taste. Spoon in cup and add hot water

Cafe Viennese Flavored Coffee

• 1/4 cup Powered Creamer
  • 1/3 cup Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Instant Coffee
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

Process in a blender on liquify until well blended. Store in an air tight container. Use by tablespoonfuls according to taste. Spoon in cup and add hot water.
(06/05/2006)

By

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 20, 2009 Flag

How can I make really good coffee at home with flavored syrups? I want to discontinue using flavored coffee creamers and have tried the syrups. I can't figure out the ratio and exactly how to make it. I can't afford a home espresso machine. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Seeme

Answers:

Homemade Flavored Coffee

Buy the flavored syrups in both sugar and carb free version (Splenda) at

davincigourmet.com or

artisancoffeeroasters.com

If you have a local low carb store, these might be in stock there. Also, occasionally the bottles are available at TJ Maxx, The Home Store, and that type of store for a little less. They do not require refrigeration and last for years.

I use the no carb flavors as a base and a bright note. The base being vanilla or coconut and the bright note being amaretto, Irish cream, Kahlua, chocolate, etc. The companies have a lot of flavors and you probably won't know what to pick when you see their internet list. (04/16/2009)

By cookwie

Homemade Flavored Coffee

There are some recipes here: coffeemaven.com (04/19/2009)

By Anonymous

Homemade Flavored Coffee

I just go to spice rack and add; cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, and sometimes even pumpkin pie spice. I just add a few shakes here and there just to give my coffee a perk.

Sometimes when I am craving chocolate I just add some cocoa to my cup before I pour my coffee and it gives it a mocha flavor. I like to try things, good luck. (04/24/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 14, 2009 Flag

Make your own flavored coffee! Simply add whatever extract you prefer to the pot prior to brewing. You can even add a bit of sugar to the filter with the grounds, or perhaps cocoa. Experiment and see what works for you. If you normally drink your coffee black, you might find that you prefer a bit of creamer and sweetener if you are going to flavor it. I enjoy a bit of vanilla extract in mine.

By Leann D

Answers:

Saving on Flavored Coffee

Flavored coffee is expensive, so I buy extracts: vanilla, rum, coconut, orange, etc. I add a half a teaspoon to my coffee and it's flavored. I also use cremora with my coffee, you need to add something sweet or else it's a little bitter. Save money doing this.

By annette (02/08/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Homemade Flavored Coffee

I buy flavored coffee for drip coffeemakers (hazelnut, vanilla). When measuring the coffee to make a pot, substitute about 1/3 to 1/2 of the flavored coffee in place of the regular/decaf. (ex: 1 scoop = use 1/3 scoop flavored & 2/3 scoop regular). Or measure w/ TBSP. Adjust for preference. The flavor is just strong enough, not bitter, no alcohol taste. I found we didn't care for full strength flavored anyway. Also found it tastes okay black. It's cheaper than the extracts, creamers & liqueurs sold for this. So far I've flavored 15 pots from just 1/2 an 11 oz. can of hazelnut that cost $3.00. We vary the strength of the flavor. (02/20/2005)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesNovember 14, 2012
A cup of instant cappuccino made from a mix.
Cappuccino Mix Recipes
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
bottles of coffee syrups
Uses for Coffee Syrups
Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:58:51 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.