Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Making PVC Birds for the Garden

0 0EmailFollow
Place holder photo. Please share a photo for this guide.

If you are tired of the pink flamingo or gnome garden art, try making birds from PVC pipe. This is a guide about making PVC birds for the garden.

Here are questions related to Making PVC Birds for the Garden.

Question: Making PVC Yard Birds

How does one make a PVC yard bird?

By MJ from LaPlace, LA

Question: Making PVC Yard Birds

How do you make birds using PVC pipe?

By M J from LA

Question: Free PVC Bird Patterns

Does any one know where to get free patterns to make PVC birds? I would love to make couple for my yard. Thanks.

By judybug

Most Recent Answer

By jeannette [3]03/13/2012

You just need to type in PVC craft birds in your search area. Tons of pages will pop up with directions on how to make these birds and many other crafts using PVC pipes.

Question: Pattern for PVC Birds

Where can I get PVC templates to make birds? I'm 61 and I need to do something. I have one of these birds that I got about 20 years ago and it still looks good.

By Walt from NJ

Most Recent Answer

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]03/06/2012

http://www.ehow.com/how_7892110_make-pvc-pipe-birds.html

Question: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I would like to get instructions on how to make birds from PVC pipe.

By Carol

Most Recent Answer

By Lisa R. [1]10/13/2011

Start with a closet flange (toilet) and build up using 4" PVC. This flange lets you use tent pegs to secure it to the ground. Prime and glue flange to first tube. If you want a place to hang a sign, use a 4" T with the small side for 2" pvc . Glue this in as well. Drill a 2" x 18-20" piece of PVC for and add cup hooks and then glue on an end cap to the tube. Continue up from the open end of the 4" T with 4" PVC and glue on a reducer bushing to fit a carriage lamp. Thread the cord through the PVC and out the bottom of the flange. Secure the lamp with screws. Attach an extension cord with a light sensor and you're done. 6 foot total height is about right for RV storage, and you can "break" the tubes at the T.

Question: PVC Yard Art

I am looking for a pattern to make lawn ornament from PVC in the shape of a white egret.

By jaj from FL

Solutions: Making PVC Birds for the Garden

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

Can someone help me find a website where I can find patterns (free) for making various items from PVC pipe? I saw birdhouses made from 6" PVC at a craft show and also a tall bird (like a crane or egret). I would love to make them but can't find a website for any free patterns.

Vicky

RE: Crafts Patterns Using PVC Pipe

http://www.pvcstore.com/projects.htm

The PVC Store - Project Index try this web site, all of their patterns are free. They have lots of cool patio furniture but lots of other things too. (11/08/2004)

By Debra in Colorado

RE: Birds using PVC pipe

Looks for patterns for birds using PVC pipe (10/31/2005)

By Tom

RE: Crafts Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I have been looking through sites to find PVC patio furniture patterns and have found the site http://www.u-bild.com. The patterns were not free but very reasonable $9.95 ea. or $24.95 for the entire set of patio furniture. You may want to at least check out the site. (04/14/2006)

By DDT

RE: Crafts Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I make birds using PVC pipe and sell the patterns on ebay. Go to ebay and use "advanced search" by "seller". My seller name is floridajim

You could also reach me at email at floridajim007 AT earthlink.net

Hope this helps. (06/05/2006)

By Jim

RE: Crafts Patterns Using PVC Pipe

RE: Crafts Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I don't know where there are any bird patterns but I know that http://www.familyfun.com has some PVC patterns. I think they are a basketball goal, a puppet theater, a soccer goal, etc. If you're making them to sell, these may be good ideas. (06/06/2006)

By scruggle

Lamp Post out of PVC pipe

I am also looking for a free pattern for the lamp post made from PVC pipe. I went camping this week and saw one in front of an RV trailer. Can anyone help? (04/06/2007)

By Brenda

PVC lamp post

I found a website with a picture of the PVC lamp post. Go to: www.rv.net (04/07/2007)

By apairajeans

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I think I have the patterns you are describing. But free might be stretching it. These birds sets sell easily for $40-$50 for the Herons and slightly less for the egret sets. Then there are two sizes of stick birds which are very popular. I have been planning to sell these plans on the internet but haven't got set up yet. If you want to pursue this write me at charlierusty1234 AT yahoo.com. I can send pictures if you like. (09/19/2007)

By Leigh

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I have patterns for several types of the PVC birds, heron, egret/ibis and some smaller ones that you stick in the ground. charlierusty1234 AT yahoo.com (10/11/2007)

By LECEMC

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

Archive: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

Can someone help me find a website where I can find free patterns for making various items from PVC pipe? I saw beds made out of PVC pipe and would like to make some for my children.

Mom2seven from Northern NH

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

Try this web site for bunk beds made from PVC.

pvcplans.com.

If you look to the left of the page there is a section called submitted pictures and plans, click on it. If you go through the page you will come across the bunk bed. You might have to email the gentleman who made it, but it is worth a shot. (02/24/2009)

By angbeth

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

DIY Network used to have a show called B Creative or something like that. The woman did a whole episode on PVC crafts. She made candle holders, a Christmas tree and outdoor items. You can check out diynetwork.com for the show. (02/25/2009)

By Melissa

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

At your local library they may have the PVC project book, PVC furniture book, or something similar. If they don't have it they may be able to get it from another library. (02/25/2009)

By Diamondee

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I went on the site PVC Plans and contacted the person who designed the bed. He sent me his link which gives complete instructions on how to make the bunk beds.

Loft bed made from PVC water pipe:

rehorst.com. Enjoy. (02/27/2009)

By Virginia Pride

Archive: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

How can I make a bed out of PVC pipe?

By Pat42 from Streamwood

RE: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

pvcplans.com has photos of a variety of items made from PVC pipe, including a bunk bed. There are links to plans there, as well. PVC is fun, kind of like Tinkertoys for grown-ups! (06/02/2010)

By Jilson

Archive: Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I would like to learn how to make the PVC egrets.

By Randy from Seminole, FL

Archive: Pattern for PVC Birds

I am looking for a pattern for PVC birds.

By Mike from Piedmont, SC

RE: Pattern for PVC Birds

You might find something at instructables.com. I found several things made from PVC. (10/24/2009)

By Polly G