Browsing: Making PVC Birds for the Garden

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making PVC Birds for the Garden

If you are tired of the pink flamingo or gnome garden art, try making birds from PVC pipe. This is a guide about making PVC birds for the garden.

several birds made by poster o TF
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 4, 2013 Flag

How does one make a PVC yard bird?

By MJ from LaPlace, LA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Don't know if you have received an answer yet but this site gives you all the information you require to get started. http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-Yard-Birds-from-PVC-Pipe/

How do I get patterns to make PVC pipe birds

How do I get started and where do I get all the supplies. I am in Mesa Arizona

September 12, 2010 Flag

I would like to get instructions on how to make birds from PVC pipe.

By Carol

Would like picture or pattern of lamp post for in front of RV still unable to find one, use a pvc pipe as the post. Help.

Start with a closet flange (toilet) and build up using 4" PVC. This flange lets you use tent pegs to secure it to the ground. Prime and glue flange to first tube. If you want a place to hang a sign, use a 4" T with the small side for 2" pvc . Glue this in as well. Drill a 2" x 18-20" piece of PVC for and add cup hooks and then glue on an end cap to the tube. Continue up from the open end of the 4" T with 4" PVC and glue on a reducer bushing to fit a carriage lamp. Thread the cord through the PVC and out the bottom of the flange. Secure the lamp with screws. Attach an extension cord with a light sensor and you're done. 6 foot total height is about right for RV storage, and you can "break" the tubes at the T.

March 6, 2012 Flag

Does any one know where to get free patterns to make PVC birds? I would love to make couple for my yard. Thanks.

By judybug

You just need to type in PVC craft birds in your search area. Tons of pages will pop up with directions on how to make these birds and many other crafts using PVC pipes.

March 19, 2011 Flag

Where can I get PVC templates to make birds? I'm 61 and I need to do something. I have one of these birds that I got about 20 years ago and it still looks good.

By Walt from NJ

March 19, 2011 Flag

I am looking for a pattern for PVC birds.

By Mike from Piedmont, SC

Answers:

Pattern for PVC Birds

You might find something at instructables.com. I found several things made from PVC. (10/24/2009)

By Polly G

September 12, 2010 Flag

I would like to learn how to make the PVC egrets.

By Randy from Seminole, FL

Answers:

July 1, 2010 Flag

How can I make a bed out of PVC pipe?

By Pat42 from Streamwood

Answers:

Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

pvcplans.com has photos of a variety of items made from PVC pipe, including a bunk bed. There are links to plans there, as well. PVC is fun, kind of like Tinkertoys for grown-ups! (06/02/2010)

By Jilson

June 2, 2010 Flag

Can someone help me find a website where I can find free patterns for making various items from PVC pipe? I saw beds made out of PVC pipe and would like to make some for my children.

Mom2seven from Northern NH

Answers:

Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

Try this web site for bunk beds made from PVC.

pvcplans.com.

If you look to the left of the page there is a section called submitted pictures and plans, click on it. If you go through the page you will come across the bunk bed. You might have to email the gentleman who made it, but it is worth a shot. (02/24/2009)

By angbeth

Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

DIY Network used to have a show called B Creative or something like that. The woman did a whole episode on PVC crafts. She made candle holders, a Christmas tree and outdoor items. You can check out diynetwork.com for the show. (02/25/2009)

By Melissa

Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

At your local library they may have the PVC project book, PVC furniture book, or something similar. If they don't have it they may be able to get it from another library. (02/25/2009)

By Diamondee

Craft Patterns Using PVC Pipe

I went on the site PVC Plans and contacted the person who designed the bed. He sent me his link which gives complete instructions on how to make the bunk beds.

Loft bed made from PVC water pipe:

<a href=" http://www.rehorst.com/mark/PVC_Loft_Bed/index.html">rehorst.com.
Enjoy. (02/27/2009)

By Virginia Pride

February 24, 2009 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Crafts Garden & Yard Yard ArtApril 22, 2012
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
Cutting PVC pipe
Cutting PVC Pipe
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:06:08 PM on 10.0.2.78 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.