Making Popsicle Stick Puppets
A fun project for children of all ages to make. Using a variety of inexpensive supplies, these puppets can entertain the whole family. This is a guide about lolly or popsicle stick puppets
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Children can have great fun both making and playing with these easy puppets. You don't have to use exactly the same materials as I do. For instance, thread, string, or yarn can be used for the hair and beads or jewels can be used for the eyes or you can even just draw them.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 new or cleaned lolly stick
- 2 googly eyes
- white PVA glue
- 1 coloured craft feather
- 1 ball point or gel pen
- 1 thin pipe cleaner
- Use the scissors to cut a length of pipe cleaner about 3 inches long.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around the stick to form the arms.
- Stick the eyes in place using a little glue. Don't worry about the glue showing as it will dry clear.
- Draw the mouth using a ballpoint or gel pen.
- Do not use a marker pen because it will spread through the wood.
- Snip a few fronds off the feather and stick them to the back for hair.
- And there is your puppet (once the glue has dried).
- Make lots more. By just changing the shape of the mouth you can give each one a different expression or emotion.
December 27, 20160 found this helpful
Save popsicle sticks from summer treats and make these cute puppets. Learn how to make them in this short video.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
February 25, 20150 found this helpful
How do you make Popsicle stick puppets?
By Emma from Seattle, WA