Making Recycled Cardboard Tube Bunnies
Have your children make cute decorative cardboard bunnies for Easter starting with toilet paper tubes. This is a guide about making recycled cardboard tube bunnies
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These whimsical bunnies are inexpensive and fun to create. Add your own bows, buttons, or other embellishments to make each one unique.
Approximate Time: About 1 hour
- 2 toilet tissue cardboard tubes
- 1 cardboard paper towel tube
- 4 mini pom poms
- black permanent marker
- various colors of craft foam pieces or felt
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- ribbon and fabric scraps
- 4 different colors of acrylic paint
- light pink acrylic paint
- paint brush
- 2 small buttons
- One 4 inch toilet tissue tube will be used for the mama bunny.
- Cut the other two cardboard tubes as follows to create 3 bunny bodies and 8 bunny ears.
Toilet tissue tube:
- cut two 1.5 inch bodies
- cut two 1/2 inch ears
Paper towel tube:
- cut a 4.5 inch piece for the dad's body and cut six 1/2" ears
- Paint each tube, inside and out, and a set of matching ears to go with each body.
- Use scissors to trim tops of ears to make them pointy.
- Run a line of hot glue inside the ear and press it (circle of cardboard) closed to flatten it. Hot glue the ears to the top inside of the cardboard tube body.
- Use pink paint to paint a line on each ear.
- Glue on mini pom-pom noses and cut bows from felt and attach. For girls, attach bows up by the ears and for boys at the bottom front of the body.
- Use a Sharpie to add eyes and whiskers.
- If you like, cut a simple apron from white felt for the mom. Cut out a small carrot from orange and green felt and glue to the apron. Glue apron in place. Glue 2 buttons to the front of the dad.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
April 12, 20110 found this helpful
So cute, makes me smile just looking at them! They would be adorable in the center of a dining room table in some Easter grass with eggs laying around. Great job!
Kids will love seeing these adorable bunnies adorn your holiday table.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- Roll equal lengths of colored paper around two cardboard tubes and glue ends.
- Glue the tubes together as shown in photo.
- Cut out two matching ears, color the inside of ears pink and glue between tubes.
- Decorate bunny's face with markers or paint.
- Glue on wiggly eyes and pom pom or cotton ball tail.
By Mom of 1 from Wilkesboro, NC
Read More Comments
March 20, 20080 found this helpful
I think its so cute and simple to do with young children
This is a cute, very inexpensive craft for kids of all ages.Read More...
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 15, 2017 at 3:17:50 AM on 10.0.0.201 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us