Cardboard Tube Bunnies

Vote for this contest contender!

I find rabbits so adorable in every shape and form. Here is a super thrifty way to make cute little bunnies from the cardboard tubes in toilet paper rolls. I use hot glue to keep the rabbit structure together, then regular glue for the details. This would be a fun craft for kids to decorate and make their own. Great for Easter, but I also love to make them year round. Have fun!

Total Time: 40 minutes

1. Cut into a cardboard tube's width half way.
  2. Cut the tube in half.
  3. You will have one half tube that's intact (its head), and another half tube strip (its body).
  4. To make its legs, take the half tube strip and cut about an inch on both ends, right in the middle.
  5. Snip off the corners to make rounded feet.
  6. Fold all the legs so they become feet that are facing forward.
  7. To make bunny ears, take another tube and cut it in half, then fold it in half.
  8. Cut along the fold to make two pieces.
  9. Cut the edges off one square, then cut a V shape out of the middle.
  10. Fold a tiny section back from the base of the ears. This is where you'll apply glue so you can affix it to the bunny head.
  11. Hot glue the ears to the head, then the head to the body. I like to use a slight diagonal setting so it looks like its head is turned.
  12. Use regular glue to affix the googly eyes.
  13. Draw a little nose and mouth in the center.
  14. Use your nail clippers to cut the toothpicks in half.
  15. Use regular glue to affix them under the eyes as whiskers. Lay the bunnies on their backs and allow glue to dry clear.
  16. Now they're ready for display or play. :)

They are so cute and easy to make. I was going to put cardboard tubes into recycle bin. I can make my grand kids happy. Thank you so much for a wonderful idea.

Any time you can put them to use is a good thing! You can always recycle them after too ;) Enjoy!