Making Spreadable Cream Cheese

Cold cream cheese can be a challenge to spread, but you can easily change its consistency. This guide is about making spreadable cream cheese.

Spreadable Cream Cheese in a Wooden Bowl
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 20, 2006 Flag

I bought a brick of cream cheese and I'd like to make it into a spread (like the kind you buy in a tub). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for all of the flavor/seasoning ideas but I guess I should have been more specific.

One of the guest posts on 9/22 answered what I had been looking for...how to make it creamy (making it into the creamy consistency like what you would get in the tub version).

I take a brick of cream cheese , put in the mircowave for 30 seconds and then add a can of salmon drained,and take the skin out . I mash it in with some Mrs Dash citrus seasoning

it is smooth. Lovely on toasted bagel

I use fat free yogurt to thin the cream cheese to tub like consistancy. You may need to stir it when you get it back out of the refrig.

enjoy

Take a 8 oz. block of cream cheese, at room temperature place in a bowl. Pour hot pepper jelly over it & serve with assorted crackers. For Christmas, it's pretty, to do one with red pepper jelly and one with green pepper jelly.

Read More Answers...

March 1, 2010 Flag

Here's how to make your own whipped cream cheese instead of paying extra for it at the market. Beat cream cheese in a bowl while slowly adding 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk per 8 ounces of cream cheese. It's as easy, peasy as that. ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

January 13, 2011 Flag

When mixing cream cheese, add a tablespoon or two of milk to make it smoother.

Source: My Mom

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyJanuary 26, 2014
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 10, 2016 at 7:29:36 PM on 10.0.0.20 in 549 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.