Making Toy Sponge Balls
These were fun and easy too make. The kids like playing with them. They are soft and kids won't get hurt.
Approximate Time: 15 minutes
- 3 sponges per ball (coloured ones)
- wool or dental floss
- Cut each sponge in half length wise, and in half again, creating 4 pieces. Repeat with 2 more sponges.
- Arrange all the pieces in your hand be sure to mix up the colours.
- Squeeze together tightly have a helper tie the string around the sponges and double knot it.
- Trim up the ends of the floss, fluff it out and you will have a ball.
By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
No there is no slits in the sponges.
I love these but in Number 1 the second picture looks like you made slits in the sponges looks like maybe 2 on each sponge. Did you do this, I don't see it in the written directions.
This looks cool! I wonder if my kitties would like some to play with, I think I will make some for them (they seem to like items I have crocheted vs. toys from the store).
Add your voice to the conversation.