Making a Dog Coat

Does anyone know how to make a coat for a small dog? What I would like to do is use a baby coat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Torrie

Answers:

Making a Dog Coat

Torrie, how small is your dog? Have you thought of the premie baby clothes? That is what my sister-in-law uses for her two teacup poodles. She gave me a snow suit for my dog, but when I put it on Ruby she just laid down in the snow with her feet straight up in the air and wouldn't move. (11/06/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Making a Dog Coat

Premie and newborn baby tops and sweaters worked for my dog when she was a puppy. Both my dogs I've had since I've been married were babies when I adopted them. I would get used baby clothes to keep them warm, just make sure they aren't restricting their movements, like jumping or walking as they can get hurt. Besides, they look darling and everyone smiles and says "Oh, how cute." (11/06/2006)

By Gepe

RE: Making a Dog Coat

Making a Dog Coat

My friend wants to make our dogs snow and rain suits. She went to these websites which show very detailed photos and diagrams about how the coats are made, sized, and what fabrics we should be using as dogs don't sweat and they need to be able to have their skins "breathe" while wearing a coat. I think when you see these sites you"ll be able to make the coats for your dogs, too.

rvrg.com

northcoastmarines.com

Their other page about arctic fleece dogsuits is here: northcoastmarines.com (01/06/2007)

By sarainelkins

Making a Dog Coat

I used the leg of a pair of old sweat pants to make a quick simple coat for my small dog. The ankle went over her head. I cut it the length of her body, two slits for her front paws and I was done. It took me 5 minutes total. And there was no sewing. You could use different size pants depending on the size of your dog. My dog loves hers and its been washed alot. (01/26/2007)

By ERIKA

A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
Fur Coat
Repairing Fur Coats
Finished racks mounted on the wall.
Making a Fish Coat Rack
dog with shiny coat
Keeping Your Dog's Coat Shiny
🎄