Making a Dog Crate Cover
One way to provide your dog with a cozy, private space it to add a cover to her crate. Additionally, the cover can camouflage the crate making it more a part of your decor. This is a guide about making a dog crate cover
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cover for my dog's cage. I made to help keep him warm and also for privacy. It has a flap in the front you can tie up or let it down to have the cover closed yet allow him access to go in and out.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes
- fabric-amount depends on size of cage
- sewing machine
- tape measure
- First measure each side of the cage and cut pieces big enough for all areas (top, front and sides, but not bottom) to be covered. Allow an extra 1 inch for seam allowance.
- Sew the four sides around the top piece. Keep fitting it over the cage to be sure they are the correct size.
- Do not sew the front flap. This will be used as a door so the dog can walk through and go in or out as he pleases. Or you can attach a tie to the top of the cover and tie it up if you wish to have it open.
- Hem the bottom of the cover.
- Put a hem in the 2 pieces that make up the flap.
- Cut some strips of fabric about 4 inches long and 1 inch wide to use as ties to hold it to the cage.
- Sew 2 ties in each corner. Wrap around the bars of the cage and tie to prevent the cover from moving around. These will hold it securely.
Let Rover inspect it and enjoy!
By Donna from Millbury, OHRead 2 Comments
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
January 10, 20060 found this helpful
Our dog's crate takes up a lot of room in the living room. Any ideas for hiding it or making it useful?Read 14 Answers
Thanks in advance!
Karla from CT