Making a Knitting Loom

I want to make a one side loom. I think it is called a rake loom. I am using #4 yarn. I am using dowels as pegs. How far apart do I need to space them? I have one I got at the store, but the pegs are too far apart and the sticks too loose.

Answers

THis tutorial says that you should space them 1/2 inch apart when using 4-ply yarn: "

With a smoothly sanded board and some cotter pins you could make a knitting loom any size or gauge you decide you want. The fine gauge looms are more expensive than the regular gauge so it is beneficial to make your own. You need to space the pins at ¾ inch for a regular loom. With this loom you need to use two strands of yarn. Place the pegs ½ inch apart and you can knit a nice baby blanket with one strand of 4-ply yarn." http://myteacup  /make_a_loom.htm

Here is a youtube video where a woman made a rake loom with nails: https://www.you  ch?v=cKh0fs9-5QM

I actually saw lots on youtube

Knitting Loom
Making Your Own Knitting Loom
Crafts Knitting LoomsDecember 15, 2016
Girl wearing a knitted hat.
Making a Hat With an Oval Loom
Round Knitting Looms
Round Knitting Loom Tips
Adjustable Sock Loom
Using a Knitting Board Adjustable Sock Loom
machine knitting a hat
Buying and Using a Knitting Machine
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 5:39:29 PM on 10.0.1.28 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.