Knitting Loom Questions

Category Looms
Knitting looms are a fun and easy to use alternative method for creating knit items without using knitting needles. There will of course be questions as you learn to use a loom. This page contains some questions and answers about using a knitting loom.

Why is it that when I finish my scarfs either from a straight loom or a circle loom the end is not the same as the end that I started with? It seems to be wider and it just doesn't feel the same. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is it suppose to look and feel like that?

Please feed me back with some advice.

Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

You should use the crochet hook method to cast on, try Purling Sprite knitting loom videos at:
isela.typepad.com/.../index.html

Best Answer

The beginning has had time to loose the stretch you put in it when you made it. Let the piece sit for a day or two so the last part of the piece has time to lose the stretch, just like the beginning. Remember how tight the yarn is when you loop it over the pegs? Let the end lose it's stretch before you panic. That is probably all it is.

This kind of knitting requires no needles and a good start for beginners. This page is about round knitting loom tips.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I have a question about the knitting loom. When I get the 2 rows of loops done and then go to lift the bottom loop over the top loop all the way around and on the last peg, I end up with this huge loop of yarn behind the last peg. What am I doing wrong?

Zombie from Austin, TX

Answers:

Knitting Loom Questions

I don't know what you're doing wrong because I haven't actually experienced that. However, here is a short video that you can watch from Ben Franklin Crafts.

bfranklincrafts.com

By SL Edens

Knitting Loom Questions

Thank you so much. That video helped a lot. But now I have another problem. What do you do about the part of yarn that you first tied to the holding peg? I haven't been able to find anything on what to do with it. So it is still attached to the bottom row that has come out of the loom and to the peg. Can you help? (05/05/2006)

By Amy

Knitting Loom Questions

dalooms.com has videos and patterns. It is very helpful with the other stitches too. As far as, the tail at the beginning of your piece, thread the plastic needle that came with the kit, and weave into your piece. Yahoo has a lot of loom knitting groups that are very helpful. Hopefully this helps you. Happy looming. (05/06/2006)

By Mar

Crafts Knitting LoomsAugust 5, 2019
😎
🐛
📓
🌻