Knitting Loom Questions

Why is it that when I finish my scarfs either from a straight loom or a circle loom the end is not the same as the end that I started with? It seems to be wider and it just doesn't feel the same. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is it suppose to look and feel like that?

Please feed me back with some advice.

Thank you!

Best Answer

You should use the crochet hook method to cast on, try Purling Sprite knitting loom videos at:
isela.typepad.com/.../index.html

Best Answer

The beginning has had time to loose the stretch you put in it when you made it. Let the piece sit for a day or two so the last part of the piece has time to lose the stretch, just like the beginning. Remember how tight the yarn is when you loop it over the pegs? Let the end lose it's stretch before you panic. That is probably all it is.

Here is a yahoo group I just found that has a ton of help and they are a very nice group.

(KniftyKnitterLoomAddicts)
Barb

I am a newbie at loom knitting. Since I am left handed does it matter in what direction you wind the yarn on the loom? Also with what hand do I hold the loom?
Any information would help me get started.

By Alice P

Answers

Alice, I went on the computer and looked up knitting looms and came upon lots of videos that show how to start and finish on the different looms. They also give different things to make on them. Try and google How to use a knitting loom. Let me know if you can not find it.

I've used the Knifty Knitter for several years. You can use either hand and go in either direction. Let me know if you have other questions.

I have a question about the knitting loom. When I get the 2 rows of loops done and then go to lift the bottom loop over the top loop all the way around and on the last peg, I end up with this huge loop of yarn behind the last peg. What am I doing wrong?

Crafts KnittingOctober 1, 2010
💘
🍀