Removing a Scarf From a Knifty Knitter

Category Looms
Once you have completed knitting your scarf, knowing the best way to remove it from your loom is important. This is a page about removing a scarf from a Knifty Knitter.

How do I remove a scarf from as Knifty Knitter?

By marti from Los Angeles, CA

Answers

Go to you tube and type in nifty knitter, you will find videos there which will instruct you on this.

How do I finish and remove a scarf from a Knifty Knitter?

By Judy from Mt. Clemens, MI

Answers:

How do I take off stitches when finished with a scarf on the Knifty Knitter?

By zeenabeth from Wolcott, NY

Answers:

Removing a Scarf From a Knifty Knitter

There are two ways to do this. The first (and easiest) is to take a length of yarn (as long as your scarf is wide plus 2 or 3 inches) and thread it onto a yarn needle. One should have come with you Knifty Knitter. It will be blue and look like a sewing needle, but plastic. Tie off your thread to your scarf and then stitch through the stitches on your knitter. All you will do is lace through the last stitches. Then carefully remove from your knitter and tie off at the end of your scarf. Don't pull on this yarn because it will gather your stitches (something you may want to do at other times.)

If you are a bit more familiar with other yarn methods you may want to use method number two. In this you will not cut your yarn until you are finished. Start with the last stitch on your loom and do a single crochet stitch picking up the next loom stitch. I like to have at least one stitch between each loom stitch. You can vary this depending on your yarn or the pattern you are knitting.

Continue crocheting to the end then remove from the loom. You can also remove this as you go keeping the completed scarf inside the loom as you go. This will look nicer than the 1st method and will not run. Good luck. I love my loom. (03/11/2010)

By Anna Bryant

I have finished my Knifty Knitter scarf. But I don't know how to take it off the loom or how to end the stitch before I take it off?

Erica from NY

Answers:

Removing a Scarf From a Knifty Knitter

I love the Knifty Knitter. Here is a website that I find invaluable:

Here is Isela's personal site (she is the one who does a lot of the loom designs and her site offers great instructional videos!)

isela.typepad.com

Hope that helps. Enjoy surfing and learning.

Crystal (04/05/2007)

By Crystal Miller

Removing a Scarf From a Knifty Knitter

For a round loom, just play musical pegs. Take the loop off of peg 2, and put it on peg 1. Knit off. Then move the new loop from peg 1 onto peg two. Then do it again with the next two until the end. Just cut the thread and put it on a needle and bring it through the last loop and you're done.

For a straight loom (like the KK purple), if you have used both sides, bring all the loops over from one side to the other and knit off. Then do the same thing as the round loom. If you've only used one side, you're good to go with the round loom instructions.

CFBandit (04/06/2007)

By Concetta

How do I remove my scarf from my Knifty Knitter without it unraveling?

Crafts Knitting LoomsJune 24, 2016
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-a-Scarf-From-a-Knifty-Knitter-5.html