Making a Lego Table

A project that will allow for hours of lego building and a great way to display the creations. This guide is about making a lego table.

July 22, 2013 Flag

Our kids love to build with LEGOs. We wanted to give them a place to build and display their creations so we made these awesome tables! You can build this table for under $30, using a table you can get at IKEA.

Legos on table

• 1 Ikea LACK table (or similar table) ($7.99)
  • 4 10" x 10" LEGO baseplates ($20.00)
  • E6000 glue (available at craft stores) ($2.50)
  • T-square
  • tape measure
  • pencil or marker

1. Determine the the width of the border around the baseplates. In our case there was a 13/16" border all the way around. Measure to find the center of the table and mark in both directions.
  2. finding centermark center
  3. Apply glue to the back of the baseplate and to the quadrant of the table where it will be glued down. Wait 2 minutes. NOTE: For best results, you should rough up the table's surface. We did not do this on our table because of the finish.
  4. glue on baseplateglue on table
  5. Now place the t-square along the line you drew and adhere the baseplate to the table.
  6. press firmly
  7. Repeat with the second baseplate.
  8. adhere second baseplate
  9. Adhere the third baseplate, using the t-square to help align the edge.
  10. adhere third baseplate
  11. Finally, adhere the fourth baseplate.
  12. adhere fourth baseplate
  13. Allow the glue to cure for 24-72 hours before using the table.
  14. finished table

I would recommend adding a slight boarder on three sides to help keep the pieces on the table rather than the floor. Nice idea!

August 1, 2013 Flag

Our kids love to build with LEGOs. We wanted to give them a place to build and display their creations so we made these awesome tables! You can build this table for under $30, using a table you can get at IKEA. View the full project here: LEGO Table

May 13, 2012 Flag

I am wanting to make a Lego table for older kids (not preschoolers). Ideally I am thinking of using a table with a drawer in it, and gluing the Lego base plates too it. But, I am open to suggestions. Has anyone made one? How did it turn out? Any suggestions or regrets?

By April from NW, MO

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have never made one, and never could afford a 'real' Lego table for the boys, wishing I had thought of making one!

It would be great if you could find an old end table with either a drawer or an under cabinet, or both, paint in Lego colors, and then glue the bases down (or use velcro attachement, in case you want to remove them later).

I think it would come out great!

Best of luck to you!

My son and daughter in law made my granddaughter a lego table for Christmas and it's very, very nice. They took two of the plastic tote drawers and purchased the two or three lego squares (don't remember exactly how many they did use, and the attached the lego squares to a piece of plywood, and cut it the width of the drawers, and just placed it on top of them. A chair sets easily between the two and the drawers have the small baskets in them to keep the legos sorted by sizes, colors etc. They got the idea from It was very easy to make and looks great in Chloe's room.

CraftsJuly 23, 2013
LEGO Indiana Jones, homemade costume.
Making a LEGO Costume
Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass