Making a Men's Crocheted Skull-Cap
A tightly fitted hat is an easy pattern to crochet, and will keep a young man warm and stylish. This is a guide about making a men's crocheted skull-cap
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy pattern for a classic, tight-fitting winter hat. It looks great on every guy, and is warm and useful. It will only take you about an hour to make, what guy couldn't use another hat or two?:)
**This should fit teen-adult**
Total Time: About an hour
- "I" crochet hook
- around 150 yards #4 worsted weight yarn
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Ch 5, join.
- Ch 3, 13 dc in your ring, join.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as ch, 2 dc in each stitch around, join.
- Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as ch, 1 dc in next, *2 dc in next, 1 dc in next*, repeat steps between ** around.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Drop your original color, do not fasten off, with your new color, Ch 3, 1 dc in same space as ch, 1 dc in each of next 2 stitches, *2 dc in next stitch, 1 dc in each of next 2 stitches*, repeat steps between ** around, join. Fasten off this color.
- Pull up your original color, ch 3, 1 dc in next stitch and each around, join.
- Repeat last step 2 times more with black.
- Repeat step 6, 1 time with grey.
- Repeat step 6, 3 times more with black.
- Repeat step 6, one time with grey.
- Repeat step 6, 2 times more with black. You will have a total of 10 rows 1 dc in each.
Ch 1, work 1 sc in next stitch and each around, join.
- Fasten off and weave in ends.
- All set!
Read More Comments
February 4, 20170 found this helpful
I have never been able to read a crochet pattern, but yours was great with the photos. You "BROKE" it down so easy to follow. I usually have to go to utube to see it being done. I broke my collarbone,1 leg,1 ankle & 3 ribs. There is only so much tv & computer you can look at. My nurse in the hospital got me started on crochet & have done about 75 beanie hats in 2 months. Iam yarn poor. ha Many of them I have given to homeless people. Crocheting is relaxing to me. Thanks for a great post
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
My hubby will be having Deep Brain Stimulation surgery next month. After the surgery, he will have to wear bandannas or skull caps on his head to help keep the surgery spots clean. Read More...
In These Guides
You are viewing the mobile version of this page: View Desktop Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 27, 2017 at 1:53:48 PM on 10.0.2.176 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us