Making a Plastic Bottle Bottom Sun Catcher
The bottom of many plastic drink bottles can be used as part of a kids' craft to make sun catchers. This is a guide about making a plastic bottle bottom sun catcher
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Made from the base of drink bottles, these sun catchers are easy and fun. Collect a stash of bases and bring them out at a later date for a rainy day project with your kids.
- drink bottles with a flower-shaped base
- glitter glue
- hole punch
- a large bead with a hole large enough for a doubled up cord
- Cut the base off your drink bottle.
- Decorate with glitter glue.
- Let the glue dry. You can speed up this process by placing your sun catchers on a warm radiator.
- Punch a hole.
- Double up the cord, thread the bead onto it and tie a knot.
- Pass the cord through the punched hole.
- Hang your sun catchers in the window or anywhere else they can sparkle in the sunshine.
April 28, 20161 found this helpful
I have made these but I also used fingernail polish to give a little extra color.
In These Guides