Making a Shabby Chic Gift Tag
This fun to make and easily alterable gift tag will make the recipient smile before they even open your gift. This is a guide about making a shabby chic gift tag
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is such a pretty and fashionably messy gift tag. You don't have to make yours exactly the same. After making one, I hope I have encouraged you to design your own. Have a search around to see what bits and pieces you have to make one in your own unique style.
- 1 paper luggage tag
- 1 small square of fabric
- pva glue
- 1 small embellishment
- watercolour paints
- 1 small paintbrush
- Apply a wash of colour to your luggage tag. This will look better if it is done unevenly. Children's watercolour paints will do fine for this. Don't forget to remove the tie first. Allow the paint to dry before proceeding.
- Don't worry if the wet paint causes the tag to curl. It should flatten out again once dry.
- Take three short pieces of string and tie a knot in each end.
- Concertina the fabric square in the middle and tie one of the pieces of string tightly around it with a single knot.
- Repeat with the other two strings so they are tied side by side.
- Cut two more pieces of string about twice the length of the tag and tie knots all along.
- Trim to fit the tag and glue them in place.
- Add an embellishment to the centre of the bow.
- Glue the fabric bow in place too. Replace the tie or use string to match.
In This Guide