Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

I have marble and granite floors in my foyer. I am looking for a homemade cleaning solution. Does anyone know what to use? Also, what about cleaning travertine?

Sonya from Georgia

Answers:

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

I knew someone a few years ago who complained that she had to have her marble kitchen floors professionally re-done every few months - and if she knew that when she built the house, the flooring would have been something else. (01/11/2006)

By cookwie

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

I use warm water and a teflon-pan-type scrubby. Then push a dry towel around my granite and hardwood floor. Good mats outside and in catch most of the dirt. (01/11/2006)

By Vicka

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

Hi,You could check out tile and stone specialty stores thru the yellow pages or go to Stone Care International webb page @ www.stonecare.com.Or you could call 1-800-839-1654. (01/11/2006)

By Dean from Maine.

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

I use Stonecare products. I have also tried clorox wipes for kitchen. The problem is that it looses its luster and eventually can fade the granite, so I went back to Stonecare. Its 8.45 per quart, when purchased by the gallon. YOU spent the money getting granite, why not keep it beautiful?

Good luck! (02/22/2006)

By Angela from PA

granite tile cleaning

Just got granite tile installed for my dining room (black galaxy from India) very difficult to understand when cleaning. I purchased couple of products from home depot. sprays, liquids. and finally a granite polish. the polish now does not come off. i followed instructions, (mind you, I'm on my hands and knees) and going in circular motions, i decided to drop a spray of water and do it again and the shine finally came through. my question is, what gadget can i use so i don't have to be on my hands and knees. feel like the Flintstones. please help( (02/28/2006)

By myrna

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

Read this page: http://www.YourVanityTop.com/Care.asp

It will tell you what you need to know.

Good luck. (05/30/2006)

By Shegan

Marble and Granite Tile Cleaning Recipe

Murphy's Oil Soap is wonderful on anything stone. It's easy as you can apply with a mop. Personally I wouldn't use it on a marble slab used for candy making but for anything else it's a great product. Sometimes products we have used for years turn out to be just as good, if not better for new fangled home improvements we have invested in. (05/29/2009)

By suzyspinkmoon

Marble and Travertine Cleaning Recipe
Removing Stains from Granite, Granite Kitchen Counter and Stainless Sink
Removing Stains from Granite
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
🎄