Mark Older Eggs

When I put new eggs in the fridge door, I take a felt pen and put "smiley faces" on the oldest eggs, so they get used first. Also, it's kinda nice to see a smile when I open the door!

By Maile from Onalaska

I believe the experts say it is best to leave eggs in the carton. They stay fresh longer.

This is a really sweet idea, thank you for sharing it! I know it is best to keep them in their original carton or in a small bin type container on the second or bottom shelf of the fridge but as long as you use eggs on a regular basis there truly is no problem with your cute tip. :-) I actually miss the door egg holder my last refrigerator had!

Eggs in Circle on White Background
Keeping Eggs Fresh
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsJune 7, 2011
empty egg carton
Substitution For Eggs in Recipes
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
🎄