Microwave Convection Reviews

Product: Microwave-Convection

Request: I would like to replace my old microwave with a microwave convection oven, full size, if possible. Does anyone have one they can recommend I buy or models I should stay away from?

Thanks!
Linda from New York City

Answers:

Microwave Convection Reviews

I have one and I never use the convection, basically because I can't get over sticking metal in the microwave. Also, once you've used the convection oven you need to let it cool down before you can use the microwave, so you couldn't roast a chicken and then microwave the veggies to go with it. I bought a toaster oven that is also a convection oven and use that all the time. I don't know if this was what you wanted to hear though. (04/13/2007)

By Eileen Celeste

Microwave Convection Reviews

I have a Sharp microwave/convection oven that I bought in Oct 1980. I am still using it and I use the convection a lot! It is so nice to bake anything in without heating up a large size oven. A 9 x 13 pan with rounded corners fits perfectly in it and rotates on the metal rack. It is also nice for baking a pie. True you can let it cool some before microwaving in it or not, but what's the problem? I love mine and hope it never quits!
(04/13/2007)

By jewatson58

Microwave Convection Reviews

I have one I bought in Sears made by Sharp called Carousel II and have had it for over 17 years now. I bought one each for my son and daughter as their bridal shower gifts. All of us have been more than happy with it and use the convection setting quite often. Although you have to wait a few moments to use it on regular microwave setting after that's fine for us as usually you let the meat cool before carving anyway. Nothing beats chicken pieces baked to perfection in 35 minutes. (04/13/2007)

By Ginger

Microwave Convection Reviews

I have a 17 year old full size Quasar, which I use every day. I bake bread, cookies, small pizzas, pies, and cakes in it and they come out perfectly. I also roast meats, casseroles, and vegetables. It has a broiler which works just fine and as a microwave, it's the best. It saves my back and doesn't heat up the kitchen the way my stove does. It has traveled from coast to coast with me and I have never had a problem with it of any kind. I don't think Quasar still makes it, but if you can find one in good condition, I can recommend it highly. Good luck to you. (04/14/2007)

By Sheila May

Microwave Convection Reviews

I, as well as my mom, are on our second Sharp microwave/convection ovens. I had to beg to have my mom get one over 13 years ago, and now she's as hooked as I am. The latest one we both have is the Smart and Easy Sensor- model # R-930AK. It is a large model, big enough to roast a large chicken or small turkey. I love being able to bake fresh cookies in the summer for the kids and not have to worry about heating up the house. It is very simple to use, that even my dad can heat up a quick meal. I highly recommend the Sharp products due to their durability and reliability. Good luck and have fun!
(04/15/2007)

By freebieteach

Microwave Convection Reviews

I have a GE Profile. I like it because it will do regular oven equivalents so you don't have to convert the convection oven ones if you don't want to. It is kind of hard to clean. The interior is metal, but the door is plastic, so don't use oven cleaner on it. Clean like a microwave (steam a cleanser soaked sponge for 2 minutes, then wipe clean). (11/16/2007)

By Leslie

Microwave Convection Reviews
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Convection Oven in New Kitchen
Convection Oven Tips and Recipes
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
🎄