Middle School Dance Ideas

I am needing ideas for our 8th grade dance. I want to incorporate the idea of them moving on to the HS. I have a DJ and food and drinks. What I don't have is a theme or a slogan. This is the first class to have completed all 3 years at our Middle school.

Any ideas?
Sueann from Greenwood, Indiana

Answers:

Middle School Dance Ideas

We did a themed 8th grade end of year dance. We called it "Sailing Away on the Ship of Dreams". We got inexpensive "cruise" type decorations from Oriental Trading. We borrowed a bridge that Cub Scouts used to bridge to Boy Scouting and decorated it like the edge railing of a cruise ship using streamers and garland. We took pictures with a digital camera with the railing as the scenery. We had the teachers wear crew hats (also from OT). This was the cruise from MS to HS. It was a big hit! Have fun! (03/16/2006)

By ThriftyGuest

Middle School Dance Ideas

What about 'Flying to new heights' and incorporating either birds spreading their wings or airplanes flying high into the theme. (03/16/2006)

By jojo

Middle School Dance Ideas

We are having a black and white dance. all black and white. There will be one huge colorful decoration in the middle of one wall. There will also be photography. (03/28/2006)

By Dianna

Dance Ideas

Take your time with some of your friends to make up a dance and do it at the dance. Trust me, you will get so much attetion, the next day everone will know your name.
(04/19/2006)

By Mikaela

Middle School dance Ideas!

I am Middle School President and i get to plan the dances, my friends and I are thinking about a Mystery Match Night, where the students disguise themsleves and keep their identity secret from their secret date. (05/25/2006)

By Isabel

Middle School Dance Ideas

How about a classy beach party? You could spread a little bit of sand on the gym or hall floor and have fake palm trees and little things like that. (08/02/2006)

By Ann

Middle School Dance Ideas

Since I am in middle school myself , I would have to say a good dance theme would be Sort of "Junior Prom " type thing . Let the girls dress up in pretty dress's and let the guys wear tuxes . Now you may think that is a little formal but My school is having a dance and we all want a "dressie" kinda dance . Most of the girls at my school are wearing mini skirts and jeans but My friends and I think that it would be cool to not feel weird wearing dresses! A good Slogan would be "fare well 8th grade!" or "Hasta Lavista 8th graders!". Something catchy. yet simple like that ! (10/19/2006)

By Maddie

Middle School Dance Ideas

Dance Freeze is always fun, but you would need many Chaparones if the DJ booth is not very high in the air to see. Another game would be Musical Chairs in the center of the dance floor, this brings out the kid in everyone. I hope these can help! (11/06/2006)

By 1promise

Middle School Dance Ideas

At my school we had a Hoedown which went really well. We had a huge Wanted poster where people could take pictures in front of. Another good theme could be Golf Pros and Tennis Girls, or how about a backwards dance? (11/12/2006)

By Guest

Tween girl dancing against a white background
Middle School Dance Theme Ideas
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
3 girls at a homecoming dance.
Homecoming Dance Ideas
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
How to Belly Dance, Beautiful Bealldancer
How to Belly Dance
🎉
🎄