Mini Slow Cooker Recipes

If you have a small sized or mini slow cooker, you can use recipes designed for that capacity pot or adjust those written for a larger cooker. This page contains mini slow cooker recipes.

February 2, 2009 Flag

I purchased a mini crock pot at the local Goodwill Store, I couldn't resist, its so cute. However I can not figure out anything to make in it. I am assuming small appetizers and dips. Does anyone have any recipes they can share with me. Thanks!

monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Just wanted to reply to T&T Grandma... They do actually still make/sell mini crockpots. In fact, I just bought a brand new stainless full-size one and it came with a bonus mini one in the box. I understand the one purchased from the Goodwill may be old and perhaps should not be used for food, but this should not discourage anyone with a new one.

I plan to use my Crockette (love that name) for cheese foundue, but will be checking out those websites posted by Cat Lady, as normally I am just cooking for two of us and don't always need the large crockpot.

My new crockpot came with one of those smaller ones as a bonus.I made the velveeta cheese and chili dip in it. It kept it warm enough to eat, but not boiling. And was great to have on the serving table.

I am sure that I will be able to think of other things to do with it. Like keeping sauces warm to put over cake, or gravy, or whatever.

There was one at our church potluck last Sunday that held barbecue sauce. I would imagine chocolate would be nice - you could dip strawberries or pieces of banana in it. Gravy wouldn't get cold. It would probably melt wax in case you needed to coat the top of a corked wine bottle or dip birthday candles. Have fun!

I use my mini to make our morning oatmeal. It makes two one-cup servings which is just right for my husband and me -- 1 1/4 cup for him and 3/4 cup for me.

Dear "Monat" thank you so much for giggle! ..."you bought it because it was cute & don't know what to put in it"! lol I find that hilarious! You sound cute to me, a different thing to do is grow a couple of herbs in it, I have a pretty container that I grow garlic in, looks really nice in the kitchen window.

I own a small crockpot that I have had for many years. It is NOT a potpourri simmer. I use it for any thing that I would cook in a regular crockpot, except a smaller amount--chili, stew, small roast, apple crisp, etc. Just reduce the recipe size. It is handy since I live by myself.

Suggestion - to avoid unpleasant surprises, fill a 3 cup measure with water, then pour into the mini crockpot. Figure out exactly how much water it can hold. On the bottom of the unit, in permanent marker, write down, "2 cups liquid to top" (or whatever the measurement is). Then, when you are considering a recipe, mentally add up the liquid ingredients and then the solids, and see if it will fit! I discovered (the hard way) that a recipe book included with my mini from many years ago wasn't precisely geared toward the mini's capacity.

I'm not able to share the recipes with you because I can't locate the booklet. However, I will tell you that the recipe I always make is my 'famous' applesauce.

Take 2 or more cored apples (MUST be different varieties), can leave the peel on - it doesn't matter, cut into chunks and put into pot. Add water up half way. Add 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, a dash of cloves and 2 dashes nutmeg, stir. Put the lid on and cook for at least 2 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally to reduce the chunks to a mash. If too liquidy, leave the top off the last half hour, stirring occasionally. If you absolutely must, can add sugar while it's cooking. I'd like to suggest that you make it at least once with out sugar because the different varieties of apples give it a lot of flavor and a sweetener really isn't required.

This works well in a large crock pot, too.

34 Recipes for you to try!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/mini%20crockpot

Sorry, that's not true. The now make the 1.5 for small meals. The settings are keep warm, low and high. I am cooking a small roast in mine right now.

Am trying out oatmeal. Use only 1 cup, of coarse I added raisins and cinn. It seemed to get done in about 3 hrs., so unplug. Next am when I got up to make coffee, plug back in to heat up for later. Search mini crockpot rec. I too bought my at thrift store 3$.

April 12, 2010 Flag

I have just purchased a small slow cooker with a capacity of 1-5 liters. Are there any recipes for this size cooker? Or is there a method of reducing larger portion recipes? I have looked at several slow cooker recipe books, they all appear to be for large families. I am only cooking for myself.

Cheers.

By billyfish

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try dividing the recipe in half or customizing the "larger recipes". You can always freeze what you do not eat. I three crockpots super, small (1 1/2 qt), and Crockette (i think around 2 cups) I love my middle sized one. I make soups, pasta sauces, applesauce, dips).

There are some recipe web sites that allow you to change the portions; www.recipezaar.com is a good one. I looked at one of the really tiny slow cookers and thought cute, I could make a 1/2 can of soup. Or melt chocolate for fondue.

What I suggest for at least the first couple of times using slow cooker recipes is to divide all of the original slow cooker recipe ingredients by 'Four'. (I am basing this on the size of my slow cooker and the standard recipes I use and your 1.5 liter). You can always adjust up to dividing by 1/3 after that if need be. Keep in mind that you should have, for best results, the slow cooker not less than 1/2 full and never more than 3/4th full.

Also, cooking on low for more hours rather than on high for shorter hours will make all meats more tender. For example, if a recipe says to cook on high for 4 hours then cook it on low for 8 hours.

Oh, and Allrecipes has a metric and standard calculator for each recipe and they also have quite a few slow cooker recipes :-)

http://allrecipes.com/ Hope this helps :-)

I was amazed at the quick response my question received. Google would have struggled to beat that time.

Thank you all for your help. As it happens (pjshirley), I use the recipezaar.com site quite a lot, mainly for Halogen oven recipes. I did not have the brains to tap in slow cooker. I did so last night and was not disappointed on the outcome and copied a couple. I will try them over the next couple of weeks.

Once again, thank you and cheers!

Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotMay 14, 2013
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Slow Cooker
Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
🎉
🎄