Modern Art Card Project for Kids
Vote for this contest contender!
Draw and color a tangled squiggle pattern, and turn it into a modern birthday card. This project is an easy way for kids to make their own cards for their friends or family. It is also a great way to explore with craft materials and techniques!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 8.2 x 5.4 in red cardstock
- A5 sized ordinary white printer paper
- seven small self-adhesive silver star stickers
- Faber Castell 0.7mm black ecco pigment pen
- Giotto décor textile pens: red; yellow; ultramarine; sky blue; neon green; neon yellow
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- red glitter glue pen
- standard scissors
- soft eraser
- Use the pencil and ruler to draw a 5.1" x 4" frame on the white printer paper. Then use the pencil to draw a tangled squiggle pattern in the frame.
- Use the black pen and ruler to draw over the frame's pencil lines, and then draw over the squiggle pattern's pencil lines. Allow to dry and gently erase any remaining pencil lines.
- Use the Giotto pens to color the squiggle pattern.
- Cut out the squiggle pattern.
- Score the red cardstock to create a card sized 5.4" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the squiggle pattern to the front of the card.
- Apply a thin layer of red glitter glue to highlight some areas colored with the red pen and allow to dry.
- Add the stars to complete the card.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!