Making a Miniature Art Birthday Card
If you are an painter, sketch artist, or work in other mediums you can create a lovely card by incorporating a small art piece into the card. This is a guide about making a miniature art birthday card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use a printout of the provided miniature artwork of a country scene, and create a delightful birthday card for a country girl.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 card
- 1 printout of the provided artwork
- 8.2 x 5.4 in suitable pink printed cardstock
- 5.1 x 3.7 in light pink sugar paper
- 4 x 3.1 in purple corrugated cardstock
- dark pink craft foil
- Foilart Super-tack glue pen
- small natural wooden letters to spell out "Happy Birthday"
- white and pink square grid ribbon
- 1 medium-sized dark pink flat-sided rhinestone bead
- quick drying glue
- pair of standard scissors
- Score the 8.2 x 5.4 inches pink printed cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.1 x 5.4 inches.
- With the fold at the left, position and glue the light pink sugar paper to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Add a little bit of Super-tack glue to the top of all the letters.
- Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 15 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
- Press foil down on the glue. Remember that of course - the pink side of the foil must be on top.
- Rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen.
- Carefully lift the foil. On the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack pen, some of the foil will stay behind, thereby highlighting certain areas or features of the letters.
- Glue the letters to the front of the card.
- Glue the purple corrugated cardstock to the bottom left corner of the card.
- Cut out the printout of the artwork and glue it in place.
- Make a bow with the ribbon and glue it in place below the artwork.
- Finish it off by adding the rhinestone bead.
In This Guide